Logistics and Marketing Representative
- Long Plain (Gleichen, AB)
Paterson Grain is currently seeking an energetic, highly dependable, detail-oriented professional to fill the role of Logistics and Marketing Representative at our grain terminal in Gleichen, AB. This individual will build long term relationships with farmers by becoming a valued source of information. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with the ability to exceed goals and a desire to leverage knowledge to help our customers develop and implement grain marketing plans.
- Coordinate the movement of grain as efficiently and cost effectively as possible ensuring accordance with PG's contractual obligations;
- Execution of transportation of commodity goods to the end user, you will assist in the pricing of grain contracts based on inventories, market prices and transportation costs;
- Maintain strong customer relationships and act as the key contact with all farm customers;
- Nourish and grow existing customer relationships as well as prospect new business within your geographical territory;
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
- Minimum three years of experience in Agribusiness and/or other related customer service;
- Degree/Certificate in Agriculture, Agribusiness or equivalent post-secondary education;
- Minimum of 1-3 years' experience in transportation/logistics or administration;
- Strong focus on accuracy and detail along with exceptional time management skills;
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience, which result in the required level of knowledge, competencies, skills, and abilities may be considered.
- Attractive compensation package including company paid medical & dental benefits;
- Work-life balance and Employee Assistance Programs;
- On the job training & development and career growth opportunities;
- Employee Referral Program (up to $350 per successful referral);
- Paid vacation and personal days.
To be considered, please apply directly to our website www.patersongrain.com/careers/
Paterson Grain is known throughout Canada and the world as a company rooted in its commitment to quality, innovation and exceptional customer service. Paterson focuses its expertise on all aspects of grain handling and prides itself on building long-term relationships with Canadian farmers and its domestic and international customers. Our agricultural products and services span all sectors of the Canadian grain industry and include crop input services, identity preserved programs and non-GMO programs. Through our modern global network, Paterson Grain is fully capable of facilitating the marketing and transportation of quality crops to buyers around the world. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourage Females, Disabled, Aboriginal and visible Minorities to apply.