Toronto or Montreal
Headquartered in Toronto, the Canada Infrastructure Bank (the CIB) is responsible for investing $35 billion in federal funding in new infrastructure projects. The CIB's mission is to work with provincial, territorial, municipal, federal, Indigenous, and private sector investor partners to transform the way infrastructure is planned, financed, and delivered in Canada.
The Manager, Corporate Communications will be responsible for assisting with implementing the corporate communications action plan for the CIB and will focus on project and stakeholder communications. The Manager will work under the direction of the Director, Corporate Communications and will apply policies and protocols to build institutional best practices.
Strong oral and written communications skills in both the English and French language are mandatory for this role. The ideal candidate will also possess strong interpersonal skills needed to build professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders while supporting the business needs of the Communications team.
Your responsibilities include:
- Proactively contribute strategic advice for the development and implementation of the annual corporate communications action plan
- Support new project communications tools to improve impacts, outcomes and results
- Coordinate external facing initiatives across the organization by working with Senior Manager who leads the communications calendar
- Create communications plans for project advisory and investment communications with provinces, territories, municipalities and indigenous communities
- Pursue specialized knowledge in priority sectors for the CIB
- Develop products such as key messages, briefing notes, media responses among other materials
- Facilitate the adoption of private sector communications best practices including those for web site and social media platforms
- Support external speaking opportunities by management team members
- Work on external stakeholder relations initiatives, including an annual stakeholder map, to expand both regional and national networks
- Collaborate on the maintenance of databases, distribution lists or other methods of engagement with
external media and stakeholder groups
- Assist with bilingual communications including requirements for the Official Languages Act
- Contribute to a team dynamic and engaging work environment
- Execute policies and standards for communications, including protocols and processes for collaboration with partners
The ideal profile:
- Bilingual French and English (written and oral) mandatory
- Bachelor's degree, diploma or certificate in communications, public relations or related field is required
- 8+ years communications experience
- Proven project and time management skills with an ability to proactively plan, prioritize and meet urgent and competing deadlines for multiple projects
- Strong knowledge of marketing communications tools and tactics
- Ability to work confidently with senior corporate executives
- Demonstrated ability to manage stakeholder relationships
- Proven track record in developing and implementing successful communications plans
- Experience with investment or business transactions an asset
- MS Office skills, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word
- Ability to work collaboratively with other areas within the organisation to achieve positive outcomes
- Detail-oriented with an emphasis on quality of work
- Flexibility to react with changing priorities
- Organizational skills with proven ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects
To apply for this position, please email your resume and a cover letter with the Subject Line: Communications Manager no later than February 10, 2021.
We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for further screening or an interview will be contacted.
At the CIB, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
For more information on our company, visit www.cib-bic.ca.