Optimus is a Canadian technology consulting services company with a focus on cloud-based application development, software testing, data and analytics, and DevOps. We are one of Canada's 500 fastest growing companies. We deliver in an integrated global delivery model from our centers in Vancouver and New Delhi.
We believe that Cloud is a transformative force and businesses are being re-invented taking advantage of the Cloud. We are completely Cloud-native and use the best-in-breed tools to benefit from the power of the Cloud, SaaS, and Analytics in the outsourcing industry.
The Marketing Associate implements Optimus Information's advertising, marketing, and communications programs regarding its highly technical services, in order to build brand awareness, increase sales and ensure clear communication. Additionally, the Marketing Associate supports all internal communication initiatives and events.
- Web, Media, and Advertising
- Updating pitch decks, sales sheets, etc as required
- Assign and coordinate work with outsourced vendors (eg. video editors, copywriters)
- Lead creation of customer references, stories and other content related to customer success
- Manage all social media sites by keeping them active and dynamic
- Create and execute regular newsletters and other campaigns using Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Maintain audience segments and tags in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Plan relevant content that should be shared with specific audiences
- Assist in the organization of frequent webinars and workshops using Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- create and send email templates, manage invitations, RSVPs, reserve event space, assist with the logistics of a successful event
- Coordinate monthly meetup groups such as VanQ; identify other meetups Optimus should support
- Assist in the development and execution of internal corporate events
- Perform other related duties, as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be inclusive of every task or responsibility.
- Twelve months per year, standard work schedule as needed to successfully meet individual and department goals and objectives, and meet employee and client needs, including a reasonable amount of overtime as necessary. This may include occasional evening and/or weekend hours.
- Work location: Canada (currently the team is working remotely due to Covid-19)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good understanding of Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Sales Hub and Marketing Modules
- A keen eye for detail and ability to produce high-quality content
- Strong creativity and marketing skills. Ability to generate multiple and varied ideas
- Organizational and time management skills. Complete work within established time frames
- Ability to prioritize, and coordinate multiple projects and competing work demands
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Positive interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain cooperative, courteous working relationships with others
- Ability to problem-solve job-related issues
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information regarding company financial and other information
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Business, Communications, or other related fields
- 1-2 years' related experience
- Demonstrated background in content management, creative writing, advertising concepts, direct mail, print, media negotiations, and electronic advertising
- Experience using Microsoft Dynamics CRM is a must
- Experience using WordPress for web editing and basic web programming a plus
- Advanced skills in Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, G Suite (Gmail, Google docs, Google Slides)
Nice to have:
- Basic skills or knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Videography and video editing
- SEO and SEM experience
- Digital Media Analytics (website, social media, newsletters)
Why Work With Optimus?
We provide our team with opportunities for career advancement and professional development. We work hard, we help each other succeed, and it's our shared mission to provide a higher level of service to our clients.
A little bit about our office life...
- Open, collaborative work environment
- Bountiful, healthy snacks and we aren't talking noodle bowls!
- Unlimited coffee. What goes best with a cup of coffee? Another cup!
- Secure bike storage, lockers, and showers on site
- Convenient downtown Vancouver location near transit and a huge variety of lunch options
- Beer Garden every Friday, collaborate, innovate and have fun doing it!
- Growth-focused team culture and monthly social team activities
We want to know more about you!
Your resume is probably amazing but please include a cover letter telling us why you want to work with us. It's a great way to start getting to know you! We will only be getting in touch with candidates that are qualified so if you think you are a fit for our team but this isn't quite the opportunity you are looking for, check out our careers page or send us an email
- we'd love to hear from you!