Otter Co-op is now accepting applications for a full-time Marketing & Community Relations Manager based out of our Administration Office located in Langley, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.otterco-op.crs.
The Pharmacy Assistant's primary responsibility is to maintain the highest professional level of customer service standards, through consistent and thorough patient care. This entails developing and maintaining an atmosphere of customer service friendliness that will foster clientele building and sustained profitable growth for the unit.
What you'll do:
- Provide leadership to Otter Co-op's Marketing and Community Relations function, which includes local market research, brand/product management, promotions, community/member relations, and marketing and communication. Keep abreast of marketing trends, best practices and impacts to CRS. On an as needed basis, collaborates with FCL and other Local Co-ops to ensure consistency of programs and strategies across the CRS.
- As a member of Otter Co-op's senior leadership team, develops and fosters strong working relationships within the leadership team and across all commodities, actively participates in short and long-term strategic growth planning and decision making for Otter Co-op and participates in the development and implementation of policies and programs. Works effectively within the governance structure of the organization, supporting the CEO with communicating and reporting to the Board where appropriate.
- Oversee, monitor, and administer the modification and implementation of brand/product plans, marketing/sales campaigns, promotions, and advertising.
- Conducts local market research and monitors local competitor activity directly impacting Otter Co-op to identify opportunities and trends within existing and new market segments.
- Implement and oversee the coordination of community and member relations activities and communicate significant changes impacting Otter Co-op's image, including requests for sponsorship, donations, cooperative involvement, and events. Provide recommendations on innovative ideas for articles, press releases, and events. Conduct communication through social media networks and tools and respond to external customer inquiries, complaints, and comments generated through social media.
- Provide leadership to the Marketing & Community Relations team. Responsible for the talent management cycle, including recruitment, development and training, performance management, etc.
- Develop and implement the functional business plan and associated budget. This includes periodically developing and delivering presentations on a broad range of topics to a broad audience.
- Contribute to the Team in living the Corporate Values of
Integrity, Community and Excellence.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Sales & Marketing and:
- Post-Secondary Degree, with a preference for Business or Marketing.
- 8+ years of relevant progressively responsible marketing experience, with 4+ years at a management level with prior leadership experience.
- Be able to work efficiently in a team setting as well as independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external guests in a polite and engaging manner.
- Computer proficiency and working knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Our Team Leaders receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and an employer-contributed pension plan (full time only). We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we are working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We would like to thank everyone for their applications, however only candidates that will be moving forward in the interview process will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR