Careers that Change Lives
Bring your sales talents to a leader in medical technology and healthcare solutions. Rooted in our long history of mission-driven innovation, our medical technologies open doors. We support your growth with the training, mentorship, and guidance you need to own your future success. Join us for a career in sales that changes lives.
A Day in the Life
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for strategically leading the Interventional Radiology, Vascular, and Renal sales organization for the Western Region. Develop and implement a business strategy to accomplish the revenue and profitability targets within the region. Accountability for recruitment, assessment, development, and retention strategies for regional field personnel. Builds, grows and leads a best-in-class sales organization. Coordinates sales activities across the assigned region to enhance the customer experience and drive revenue goals.
Manage and implement the necessary change management strategies in areas such as talent management, territory alignment, sales and sales management practices. Work under the leadership of the Business Director in conjunction with the Health System Strategies (HSS), Medical Affairs, Integrated Health Systems (IHS) organization and other shared services within Medtronic of Canada to create and execute long term strategies that will drive the full potential of the Interventional Radiology, Vascular, and Renal business in the Canadian healthcare market.
Responsible to train and coach Territory Managers and Clinical Specialist to bring focus, excellence in execution as well as being an agent of change to ease the introduction of new value propositions within the marketplace.
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Plans, directs, and monitors the activities of a sales team within a specified region/district/geography to achieve established sales targets
- Develops and/or implements business strategies for existing and potential accounts
- Manages the day-to-day activities of a sales team in order to implement the organization's overall sales strategy for an assigned region/district/geography
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with all key account personnel and relevant functions in order to support selling, market development, service efforts and clinical programs
- Identifies opportunities and develops new programs to meet the organization's sales plans to increase market share
- Assesses need for the addition of new selling programs and processes, conducts competitive analysis, and implements strategies
- Coaches sales representatives on the technical aspects of the organization's products and services; on marketing campaigns and sales promotions; and on sales techniques, procedures, and standards that will help them achieve their sales targets
- Responsible for reporting complaints and Adverse Drug Reactions (ADR)
- Develop annual and strategic sales plans for the region to meet revenue, margin, profitability, and market penetration goals. Develop and manage sales forecasts and revenue plans
- Partner with appropriate cross-functional partners such as Marketing, Service, Finance, Human Resources, Supply Chain, and clinical staff to implement strategies and tactics to address issues and meet goals. With Marketing, formulates sales and marketing plans and programs to achieve business goals
- Hire, develop, and retain field personnel for the sales organization. Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to direct management and support staff through field visits, observation, and measurement of results. Provide coaching and performance evaluations for direct staff and ensure these practices are implemented effectively throughout the organization. Effectively allocate resources to meet established short and long term goals
- Lead, guide, and coach direct reports to set and achieve business targets, improve selling and negotiation skills and productivity, implement effective account strategies and tactics and build sustainable customer relationships
- Manage the daily frontline, customer-facing operations of Interventional Radiology, Vascular, and Renal. Together with internal partners, deliver needed Service and Support to clinical customers. Manage customer-related Field Actions/recall activity, optimize Inventory and consignment levels
- Partner with the Sales Training and Development function and Marketing to implement sales training initiatives and ensure that field personnel receive adequate training
- Proactively identify changes in health care, delivery systems, and reimbursement. Take appropriate action to minimize the impact to the business
- Strategically coordinates sales activities and develops and ensures execution of programs across the region to enhance the customer experience and drive revenue goals and optimize the service and support activities by leveraging all available technologies to improve it at a better cost
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the client base
- Ensure a working relationship between Medtronic and our key accounts are maintained
- Maintain a high degree of customer contact/interaction in an attempt to enhance the customer experience, build customer understanding of corporate vision and goals and supporting local team in strengthening relationships. Diverse Customers include: physicians, nurses, end consumer, executives, and procurement
- Ensure that the company's ethical position is maintained and effectively communicates and manages the company's business conduct policies. Ensure the field is educated and understands and ensures adheres Medtronic operating policies, including the Business Conduct Standards
- Effectively monitor and control expenses to ensure the organization meets financial goals established by the organization
- Ensure that Medtronic's ethical position is maintained and effectively communicates and manages the compliance, education and adherence of the regional cardiovascular team to all Medtronic operating policies, Business Conduct Standards, systems and processes
Must Have : Minimum Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of relevant sales and leadership experience in Medical device equipment
- Demonstrated a clear grasp of the fundamental drivers of the organization's financial success
- Demonstrated an understanding of business principles, industry dynamics and market trends
- Strong ability to develop organizational plans and deployment strategies that encompass market dynamics
- Demonstrated ability to proactively gage the external/macro environment, to then derive meaning and determine and assess internal changes if necessary
- Be able to establish tactical plans within the region
- Provided and received coaching and feedback; demonstrate empathy and approachability in encouraging others to show candor
- challenge your ideas
- Act as a role model for difficult change
- Ability to communicate the value, urgency and need for change that engages employees in the process
- Proven builder of cohesive teams
- Ability to lead & embrace changes that are customer responsive & market-driven
- Ability to build solid business relationships with physicians & societies
- Ability to maintain a highly visible role within the sales team, customer base, and the business unit leaders
Nice to Have
- Advanced degree, preferably in business or science and a minimum of 3 years of sales leadership experience
- Ability to manage and develop a high performing team
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills are an asset
- Knowledge of Interventional Radiology, Vascular, and Renal is an asset
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations
- but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Medtronic Canada strives through our vision to build a culture of inclusiveness through our commitment to employment equity and diversity. Discrimination is prohibited on any grounds protected under Canadian Human Rights legislation. Employment applications are encouraged from all members of our community. Upon request, candidates with disabilities will be accommodated during the recruitment process.
Physical Job Requirements
- Travel 50% of the time within the assigned region
- The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.