How will you make an impact?
With over 75,000 extraordinary minds on our global team, each one of us at Thermo Fisher has an important story to tell. Whether we're helping customers to fight disease, making sure our air is clean, or solving cold cases, our stories involve thousands of important projects that improve millions of lives. Our dedicated sales professionals are laser focused on delivering our customer value proposition-accelerating innovation and enhancing productivity. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. By helping our customers solve their problems you will help us achieve our mission to make the world a cleaner, healthier, safer place.
What will you do?
The Global Service & Support segment of Thermo Fisher Scientific's Life Sciences Group has an exciting opportunity to expand the reach of our service contract offerings and help drive revenue growth within our division. The Service Sales Account Manager will align and drive the following guiding principles of sales execution:
Own the Customer
- Is customer-centric and keenly aware of markets, trends and competitors
- Is tenacious, decisive, nimble and operates with intensity
Find a Better Way
- Is strategic, astute and forward-thinking
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity
- Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others
- Stretches across department borders, breaks silos and builds effective partnerships with customers and colleagues to grow our business.
- Meet or exceed a defined sales plan; forecast sales performance accurately
- Develop and execute a territory plan to grow business within your assigned territory
- Make daily outbound telephone calls and communicate via email to all organizational levels and functional areas in accounts where purchasing decisions are made.
- Capitalize on training opportunities to develop in depth knowledge of service and support offerings (Service contracts and support plans, time and materials billable services, field application training, bioinformatics and compliance services) in order to proactively uncover new opportunities within assigned accounts to generate revenue growth
- Develop organizational skills to work within cross functional teams to achieve organizational objectives, manage sales territory activities and communicate efforts clearly within other levels of the organization
- Understand the competitive landscape within accounts to position like or better product offerings to customers.
- Communicate key competitive activities, market trends, and changing customer directions to the organization.
- Utilize data sources to analyze and develop sales opportunities with the greatest ROI.
- Support marketing programs as assigned by the Sales Manager.
- Complete assigned tasks and reports in a timely and complete manner while maximizing productivity during key selling time.
- Individuals demonstrating a true passion for our cause to make the world a healthier, cleaner, safer place will thrive
- our customers do amazing things and you'll help them make this goal a reality.
- A goal-oriented mindset with a demonstrated ability to meet and surpass goals and objectives.
- A love of the competitive fight and hunger to win business by taking business away from strong competitors.
- Excellent organization skills and individual sense of accountability.
- A hunger and desire to actively engage in continuous learning
- Taking advantage of both training opportunities and on the job learning
- putting yourself in new situations outside your comfort zone and tackling challenges as development and learning opportunities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with cross functional teams and people with diverse skillsets, personalities and responsibilities.
- Must be self-starting and dynamic. Highly capable of working independently and remotely while still maintaining close connections and team collaborations.
- Exhibits a high degree of flexibility in adapting to a rapidly changing business environment.
Our team's culture:
- You'll join a team of talented, highly motivated individuals all beginning new careers in biotechnology.
- As a member of a global company with over 75,000 employees there will be large opportunities for growth and career development.
- Our team is comprised of individuals with diverse backgrounds and skillsets you'll be complimenting and adding to the existing skill-base!
- As a Thermo Fisher employee you'll be joining our exciting and award winning corporate culture.
- You'll enjoy a competitive salary and have access to the full range of benefits & rewards enjoyed by Thermo Fisher Scientific employees.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and desire to succeed
- job encounters diverse work situations involving a moderate degree of complexity.
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, or like programs required
- Bachelor's degree preferred; HS Diploma/GED plus 2 years of sales experience required
- Travel (~25%) will be required for occasional sales calls, sales meetings and company functions.
- Fluency in French is highly preferred
- This position is not eligible for relocation
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.