District Sales Manager
Toronto, ON, Canada Req #207
Tuesday, February 2, 2021
District Sales Manager
The Ontario Cannabis Store provides safe, responsible access to recreational cannabis for adults 19 and older. We operate the sole legal online store for recreational cannabis in Ontario and we are the provincial wholesaler of cannabis for private retail stores.
Working at the OCS is a unique opportunity to be part of an agile start-up in a ground-breaking new industry. We're a diverse team passionate about delivering a great customer experience, working together with mutual respect and building value out of our differences. We're an inclusive organization that understands that delivering great results comes out of ensuring every voice is heard.
About the Role
We are looking for District Sales Manager to join our Customer Care and Experience team. In this role, you will be responsible for the development of strong wholesale client relationships with private retailers licensed to sell recreational cannabis. As District Sales Manager, you will be the primary point of contact with new clients, to effectively orientate them to do business with the OCS. As the strategic point of contact for clients, you will work closely with OCS internal departments to review key performance indicators and market benchmarks to provide superior client service and strategic input on how to optimize the success of their retail stores.
As District Sales Manager, you will use your extensive sales expertise to have strategic and tactical conversations with our clients regarding inventory levels, assortment variety, and order management trends/forecasts, and provide valuable industry insights to support revenue generation. As District Sales Manager, you will be the voice of the retailer as you collaborate within OCS to create solutions for our clients and our business that demonstrate our collaborative, client centric, and continuous improvement focused culture.
About your Day
- Regularly communicate with assigned retailers as appropriate, including the overview of retailer onboarding, new products and services, forecasting, sales analysis, and product assortment review
- Consistent strategic touchpoints to ensure retailer preparedness by working in collaboration with onboarding team to streamline onboarding, review ordering process and how to do business with OCS
- Continuously manage assigned accounts and take corrective action, as needed, to maintain and improve the overall customer experience.
- Urgent response to clients concerns, liaising with client services team and internal departments team to resolve
- Immediately notify management if an existing account has unresolved issues regardless of attempts to correct situation i.e. unresolved QA issues or inventory claims
- Regularly interact and communicate with various internal departments to provide vital information that may be necessary for servicing the customer. This may include advance notification to Merchandising of changes, increased or decreased product movement, new business, or other related information
- Execute business strategies as directed by company/functional leadership.
- Completion of post secondary school in Business Admin, Commerce or relevant field of study
- 5+ years of sales experience in consumer-packaged goods managing a portfolio of key accounts
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong customer relationships
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a face paced, ever changing environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi task
About the Job
District: East York. Boundaries and districts may change
Employment Type : 1 year contract
Required Travel: Yes, frequent travel required within assigned district, and occasional travel required throughout Ontario
Application Deadline: February 9, 2021 at 11:59pm
We are committed to providing an accessible, equitable and inclusive candidate and employee experience. We provide reasonable accommodation throughout the recruitment process and in employment. If you require an accommodation please let us know, we will work with you to meet your needs.