The Salvation Army is an international Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible; its ministry is motivated by love for God and the needs of humanity.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone's worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
Position Purpose Summary:
Under the direction of the Divisional Manager of Marketing and Communication, the Digital Media and Graphics Specialist is responsible for designing a wide variety of original digital and print solutions for use across digital and offline medias.
- Design digital media campaigns and associated digital content aligned with marketing and communications goals
- Design graphics for web, brochures, logos, signs, books, magazine covers, annual reports, advertisements, and other digital or print materials
- Shoot and edit photography
- Design social assets and artwork for publication on social media and blog
- Design and prepare files for print as needed
- Create or incorporate illustrations, pictures, and designs to reflect the desired theme and tone of the communications
- Create Microsoft Word and PowerPoint templates for staff use
- Use technical and typographic skills to arrange and style reports, marketing materials, web content, signage, etc.
- Provide support for maintaining website and web content, including updating graphics, preparing documents for web, properly placing content and general troubleshooting both technical and content problems
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects within design specifications
- Perform retouching and manipulation of images or photos
- Produce drafts for review and make revisions based on the feedback received
- Review final productions for errors and ensure that final prints reflect client specifications
- Develop and maintain the digital media archives for the Ontario Division, including graphics, photos, videos, etc.
- Performing other duties when needed
- Bachelor's degree in graphic arts, design, communications, or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in graphic design
- Excellent knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, print, and the web
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other graphic design software
- Knowledge and skills in photography
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent eye for detail
- Ability to plan projects, multi-task and to work independently
- Sound knowledge of office procedures and protocol
- Ability to work productively and independently with frequent interruptions
- Work in a team based environment
- Demonstrates detail to work and results focused
- Proven ability to assess inquiries and problems and to exercise good judgment in taking appropriate actions
The successful candidate upon hiring must provide:
- Provide a clean Criminal Reference Check
- Participate in our online Armatus Abuse Training and Health and Safety training required upon hiring, as well as updated annually
HOURS: 40 hours per week
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.