Graphic Designer (Apparel)
Head Office, 1400 Castlefield Ave, York, Ontario, Canada Req #1161
Tuesday, February 2, 2021
Roots is more than just an iconic Canadian retailer, we are a group of passionate employees who act with integrity, trust each other and do what is right. We work in a space where people can grow and develop, with a team of people who own results and are dedicated to seeing Roots win. We seek to build longstanding relationships with partners who share our commitment to maintaining high ethical standards of operation.
We are currently seeking a Graphic Designer (Apparel) who can be nice, will seek inspiration from our roots, can commit to achieving results the right way and loves to think big to join us on our journey.
The Graphic Designer (Apparel) acts as an integral member of the Graphic Design department, reporting to the Manager, Graphic Design. The Graphic Designer (Apparel) will create innovative logos and embellishments that are in line with our seasonal direction, brand vision, and customer needs.
The Graphic Designer (Apparel) for Roots will be responsible for and evaluated on the following:
- Providing guidance to team for embellishment and print techniques/execution, and print approvals to ensure graphics are properly executed from creative concept to production.
- Reviewing samples for quality and ensuring Roots high standards are met for all applications using professional illustration, layout, typography and computer skills.
- Creating custom on brand designs for product embellishments.
- Ensuring all team milestones are on track according to the master calendar and provide support to team members as needed.
- Participating in clothing reviews for: graphic embellishment, and seasonal campaign input
Top candidates for the Graphic Designer (Apparel) role will have the following:
- At least 2 years graphic design (apparel) experience
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop)
- Extensive knowledge of print design, typography, layout, color, and visual communication
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple perspectives, integrating information from a variety of sources
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple departments and functions demonstrating the ability to seek appropriate approvals and gain consensus
- Knowledge of apparel design, garment construction, applied graphic processes and fashion cycles.
The Graphic Designer (Apparel) role is eligible for:
- The Roots Work In Comfort (Flexible Work) program
- A generous clothing allowance and employee discount
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
Founded in 1973, Roots Canada is a publicly held Canadian lifestyle brand that sells apparel, leather bags, small leather goods, footwear and active athletic wear with over 100 retail stores in North America and Asia.