January 27, 2021
355 Apple Creek Boulevard, Markham, Canada
Are you looking to join a growing and dynamic company? Do you have technical skills, sales drive and a passion for best in class delivery of solutions and service? We are seeking a Regional Sales Manager
who prides themselves on connecting customer needs to superior solutions, value and service within the Commercial Ventilation division of Swegon North America.
Swegon North America is a leader in HVAC, noise control, vibration isolation, and restraint system solutions. We offer half of a century of unsurpassed industry experience to consultants and contractors. Swegon supplies components and systems creating superior indoor climate, energy conservation and acoustic solutions producing environments designed for ultimate quality and comfort.
Our Corporate Values: Customer Empathy, Trust and Commitment
Responsible for setting and achieving product and system sales goals for air handling units, DOAS and chilled beam products and promoting Swegon within the assigned geographical region of Western USA. This role requires frequent interaction with consulting engineers, independent sales representatives and their customers with approximately 50-60% travel expected
. The incumbent will have demonstrated sales and business development experience within the Applied HVAC sector, be self-motivated, driven to succeed and to deliver ?best in class' solutions and service to clients.
- Meet or exceed sales and margin goals within the assigned territory
- Present technical information before groups of building owners, architects, engineers and/or contractors that are based on strong understanding of the Psychrometric Chart.
- Develop quarterly territorial sales goals and forecasts in cooperation with independent sales representatives within the assigned region. Monitor and regularly communicate progress towards goals with reps and the Director of Sales
- Develop plan for routine visits to reps and customers, including pre-visit planning and post-visit reporting, to develop close business relationships and achieve sales and training goals
- Research and monitor prospective and competing representatives within the assigned region. Assign and/or Reassign territories to qualified representatives to achieve sales goals and implement company strategy
- Serve as primary point-of-contact for reps and their customers in the territory. Gather information from internal resources; provide communication of information with customers
- Provide product training and selection support for Applied HVAC Solutions
- Provide pre-order support, including reading and interpreting architectural and Mechanical drawings, Technical specification to render product selection decisions, using selection software and other tools to assist inside sales team to formulate product scopes and quotations
- Maintain familiarity with the competitor's products and apply this knowledge to Swegon's advantage
- Monitor pricing levels and develop effective pricing strategies
- Represent Swegon at trade and professional events
- Participate in customer training programs
- Other miscellaneous tasks and duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering. Other Engineering degrees also considered.
- Five years of directly related experience, preferably in the Applied HVAC industry. Other segments of the commercial construction industry may also provide suitable experience.
- Proven track record of creating basis of design solutions with consulting engineers for drawings and specifications
- Comfortable dealing with HVAC end users at Universities, Colleges and School Boards
- Demonstrated ability to satisfy customer requirements and achieve sales goals
- Able to work independently, learn quickly, analyze application issues, seek and communicate solutions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office
- Superior verbal, phone and written communication skills
- Experience and proven ability to present technical information before groups of building owners, architects, engineers and/or contractors
- Able to prioritize multiple competing deadlines
- Desire to excel in specific area of responsibility
- Able to work independently from a home/remote office
Swegon North America has an accommodation process in place that provides accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please contact our Human Resources Department at 416-291-7371. This ensures the appropriate accommodations are in place during the recruitment process and before employment commences.