We create the technology to connect the world. Only Nokia offers a comprehensive portfolio of network equipment, software, services and licensing opportunities across the globe. With our commitment to innovation, driven by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs, we are a leader in the development and deployment of 5G networks.
Our communications service provider customers support more than 6.4 billion subscriptions with our radio networks, and our enterprise customers have deployed over 1,300 industrial networks worldwide. Adhering to the highest ethical standards, we transform how people live, work and communicate. A truly global company, we are 166 nationalities working in more than 118 countries.
Come create the technology to connect the world!
About IP Optical Networks
Our IP/Optical Networks business group (ION) includes IP, optical and network automation technologies and related services sold to our communication service provider customers as well as adjacent markets including webscale companies and enterprises. Our comprehensive wide area networking (WAN) solutions enable our customers to build and operate automated, secure, and high-performance networks at massive scale
- helping to interconnect people and things from any broadband access modality to
- and among
- edge clouds, central clouds, the Internet, and other services and data centers.
The successful candidate will work in a team of technical publications writers, responsible for supporting Nokia's IP/Optical Networks organization by designing, creating, developing, and maintaining Nokia and legacy Alcatel-Lucent technical publications.
- Plan, research, write, and edit hardware installation and software configuration documentation for Nokia and legacy Alcatel-Lucent products.
- Develop schedules and plans for individual features under general guidance, as required.
- Gather data internally from technical staff through emails, interviews, lab tours, etc.
- Gather data externally from industry RFCs and international standards documentation.
- Work with product line management (PLM), R&D, and testers to ensure accuracy and timeliness of technical publications to coincide with product release.
- Coordinate review and signoff process for features.
- Participate in peer reviews for other writers on the team to provide feedback on content, usability, and style.
- Participate in fixing documentation errors raised internally and externally.
- Assist with documentation publishing tasks with release deadlines in mind, including quickly resolving content and format errors and providing final proofing checks.
- Work to continuously improve documentation content and appearance.
- Follow corporate style guidelines to ensure a consistent look and feel for publications.
- Pursuing a Degree in Engineering, Journalism, or Communications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Quick learner and self-starter; able to work individually on a feature level in coordination with the needs and actions of a larger team.
- Good organizational skills.
- Quality-minded and detail-oriented.
- Desire to work with new hardware and software.
What's in it for you?
- 1 on 1 mentorship with an experienced Engineer/ Professional.
- Competitive salary and perks such as on-site gym.
- If you are relocating from a college or university that is outside of Ottawa, we will provide you with a relocation bonus.
- Work balance and inclusive company culture.
Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and encourage women, aboriginal persons, persons with a disability or members of a visible minority group to apply.