Sinai Health is a leading academic health science centre and a trailblazer for integrated care across the health continuum. Our fusion of science, innovation, care and learning has earned us international, national and provincial leadership for unique programs and compassionate care.
Since 2015, Sinai Health has delivered excellent care in hospital, community and home. Comprised of Mount Sinai Hospital, Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, the Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute and our system partner Circle of Care, Sinai Health discovers and translates scientific breakthroughs, pushes boundaries for health solutions, and educates future clinical and scientific leaders.
Are you a self-directed and driven communications professional? Do you thrive on collaborating with clients and colleagues to develop successful communication and marketing strategies? Does the fast-paced environment of health care excite you? Are you motivated by the values of service, humanity, inclusivity and discovery? Then you may be the ideal candidate for our Communications & Marketing Specialist role at Sinai Health.
We are seeking an experienced, creative and highly motivated communications and marketing professional to join our award-winning Corporate Communications team. Based at Mount Sinai Hospital, the successful candidate will bring dynamic communications activities to life in support of the Hospital's world-renowned Women's and Infants' program including the Ontario Fetal Centre, as well as communications and marketing activities for the Rogers Hixon Ontario Human Milk Bank.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Proactively identify opportunities to advance Sinai Health's vision, mission and purpose and its priority clinical programs through integrated communications plans that include operational, media, social media and web-based communications.
- Conceptualize, plan and produce a range of communication and marketing materials including web content, social media posts, magazine and report contents, brochures, donor and educational materials, digital signage, etc.
- Leverage digital media and social media channels to build brand awareness and participate in online communities (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Develop and implement communication plans and activities that support and drive our organization's corporate priorities.
- Lead media and public relations efforts to promote the Rogers Hixon Ontario Human Milk Bank, Ontario Fetal Centre and Mount Sinai Hospital Women's & Infants' initiatives.
- Working closely with subject matter experts from across our speciality areas of care and services to identify internal and external communication needs, ensuring consistent messaging and timely deployment of communications.
- Uncover and share captivating, timely, impactful stories that could live across our communication channels, such as our websites, social media channels and newsletters.
- Act as the communications expert by bringing your knowledge of leading communications practices to committees, special projects, and in advising our spokespeople and leaders.
- Collaborate with peers, including other Communications Specialists and the Creative Service team, to deliver communication plans for communication channels.
- Evaluate and measure the success of your work to ensure continual adjustments and improvements are made in the way we deliver effective communications.
- Act as the after-hours Corporate Communications representative on a rotational basis.
- Perform other position-related duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a degree/diploma from an accredited educational institution in a relevant discipline e.g., Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism.
- A minimum of 3-5 years recent and related experience working in a complex, fast-paced organization; experience within the health care sector a definite asset.
- Proven media relations experience in dealing with journalists, delivering newsworthy ideas and opportunities.
- Experience in successfully developing and delivering communication and marketing plans and activities to support corporate strategies, public awareness campaigns, corporate communications, media relations and issues management situations.
- Skilled in customizing communications for a variety of audiences and channels.
- Possesses a high level of accountability and proven capability to identify opportunities, take initiative and think through future implications.
- Proven superior writing, editing and communication skills with superior attention to detail with a high level of accountability.
- Ability to build relationships with individuals across all levels of the organization and external stakeholders in a professional, diplomatic and confident manner.
- Extremely organized with excellent project and time management skills with the proven ability to manage competing demands.
- Demonstrated initiative with the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, multitasking and dynamic environment.
- Strong computer skills and a thorough working knowledge of MS Office programs.
- Holds a sense of personal responsibility for the overall success of the team, shares credit and recognizes people for their accomplishments.