Job Description :
Digital Communications Coordinator
520 West 6th
Regular Full Time
Reporting to the Communications Leader, Digital, the Digital Communications Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and supporting digital and social media communications plans to assist the health authority in meeting its purpose of coming together as a collective team to deliver an exceptional care experience for all.
You will support the Digital Communications team and other communications and health care professionals to ensure effective online communications through a variety of digital marketing, web, and social media platforms. Areas of support may include, but are not limited to: social media (organic & paid,) community engagement, copywriting, email marketing, digital project management, social content curation & creation, updates to VCH's CMS (content management systems), administrative duties and analytics & reporting.
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing and/or Communications, and one (1) to three (3) years' recent, related experience in Marketing and/or Communications, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. Exceptional writing and editing skills are essential, with exemplary attention to detail.
ROLE SPECIFIC EXPERTISE:
- Exceptional knowledge and awareness for social media platforms such as Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and TikTok
- Experience supporting corporate or brand social media accounts
- Experience with Chinese social media platforms such as WeChat would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of social media management, paid and other related digital tools such as Sprout Social (or similar tools like Hootsuite), Later, Canva, Microsoft SharePoint, Facebook Ads Manager and others preferred
- Working knowledge of graphic design and photo/video editing tools, including Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro or Lumen5 would be considered an asset
- Exceptional skills in professional and social media writing (advertising, corporate, media and web based) including ability to target communications to different audiences to fulfil specific purposes
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and teams in a wide variety of settings across the organization, applying interpersonal skills and taking a problem-solving approach
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive issues with skill, tact and diplomacy and to act with a high degree of ethical and professional behaviour
- Good organizational, project management and time management skills including the ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- A results oriented and enthusiastic team player who thrives on new challenges
- Awareness of or interest in learning more about culturally inclusive/culturally safe communications
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
- On occasion, you will be required to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
You care for everyone:
- You're compassionate, empathetic, and sensitive to the needs of others.
- You are respectful, treating people as equals, and valuing others' perspectives and differences.
- You are appreciative of others' efforts and give them praise when it's due.
You are always learning:
- You are open minded, always receptive to different perspectives and ways of doing things.
- You are curious and ask questions to find a deeper understanding.
- You share your expertise and mentor others by sharing your knowledge and experience.
You strive for better results:
- You are accountable, and take responsibility for what you say, what you do, and who you engage in achieving better results.
- You're a solution finder, empowered to solve the challenges we face in healthcare.
- You take ownership for growth and development and personal development, always seek feedback and opportunities to improve how we do things.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.