Regional Sales Manager- Western Canada
Vancouver, BC, Canada Req #2193
Wednesday, February 3, 2021
Before you begin, please note special application instructions below:
Morgan Corporation is the largest manufacturer of medium duty freight and refrigerated van and truck bodies in North America. Founded in 1952, as a small welding shop in Morgantown, Pennsylvania, on the site where Conestoga wagons were manufactured through the late 1800s, we have experienced tremendous growth and continue to look for additional expansion opportunities around the world. With a total of fourteen manufacturing and six service facilities strategically located across the U.S. and Canada, Morgan is able to provide the quality, service, and prompt delivery our customers expect.
The Regional Sales Manager will meet Morgan sales plan in dollars and unit sales, focusing their efforts in our Western Canada territory.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Penske & Ryder field sales and service needs including training, spec consultation, quotes, joint customer calls, warranty follow up, status and scheduling assistance, etc.
- Support regional lease corporate and field sales and service needs including training, spec consultation, quotes, order entry, joint customer calls, warranty follow up, status and scheduling assistance, accounts receivable management, etc.
- Sell and service direct sell fleet business including spec consultation, quoting, order entry, status and scheduling assistance, warranty follow up, chassis coordination, accounts receivable management, etc.
- Search out, solicit and sell new business.
- Chassis to body order coordination including orders without VINs, identify on ground unidentified chassis, chassis build and arrival date, customer supplied materials coordination, etc.
- Warranty investigation, damage control and contribution to resolution
- Sales to Engineering liaison. Ensure that customers' expectations are crystal clear to engineering and manufacturing from quote process through build.
- Manufacturing "red flag" immediate response and resolution.
- Personal skills including professional appearance, time management, Morgan and competition product knowledge, various chassis product knowledge, vocational and application knowledge, proficient with Morgan IT resources, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
EXPERTISE REQUIRED/MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Excellent knowledge of medium duty truck market (preferred), customer segments, and sales strategies.
- Demonstrated expertise in product knowledge and the associated processes within the company with regard to following an order from ?quote? to ?delivery?, follow up service e.g. warranty, and general customer care.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Outstanding relationship development skills
- Problem solving ability
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
Working in an office environment in a seated position a minimum of eight hours per day is required. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 25 pounds for files, computer printouts on occasion.
The performance of this position may occasionally require exposure to the manufacturing areas where under certain areas require the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses with side shields and mandatory hearing protection. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Special Application Instructions:
- Click the link below to complete our pre-employment assessment (approximately 30 minutes or less). https://www.ondemandassessment.com/link/index/JB-XDWAIH2AO?u=182153
- After completing the pre-employment assessment, come back to this job posting and click the Apply button to complete our online application where you can also submit a resume.
- After completing your online application, your pre-employment assessment results and application/resume will be more thoroughly reviewed and you may be contacted for a personal interview.