New Flyer is North America's heavy-duty transit bus leader with locations in Canada in Winnipeg and Arnprior, and facilities in the USA in Crookston, St. Cloud, Ontario, Anniston, Shepherdsville and Jamestown. It offers the most advanced product line under the Xcelsior® and Xcelsior CHARGE? brands. It also offers infrastructure development through New Flyer Infrastructure Solutions?, a service dedicated to providing safe, sustainable, and reliable charging and mobility solutions. New Flyer actively supports over 41,000 heavy-duty transit buses (New Flyer, NABI, and Orion) currently in service, of which 7,300 are powered by electric motors and battery propulsion and 1,600 are zero-emission. Further information is available at www.newflyer.com.
As a key member of the Smart Bus Technology team, you will be New Flyer Connect® System's Specialist understanding its features and services for the development of business and customer retention strategies, creating marketing and training materials, reviewing public bids and assisting in the formation of business models. Most importantly, you will work closely with our customer to assess their needs for a better oversight of their fleet.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with our external and internal customers.
- Manage Smart Bus technology projects, maintaining emphasis on customer satisfaction.
- Acquire and maintain an expert command on the use of New Flyer Connect, including a functional understanding of the system's capabilities and limitations.
- Interact with the customers on technical and non-technical issues associated with the use of the New Flyer Connect system.
- Analyze data and information collected by New Flyer Connect.
- Participate in tradeshows, sales initiatives, business discussions and negotiations with potential customers.
- Compile proposals for customers. Keep track of contract execution, invoicing, payments and renewals.
- Acquire and maintain an expert knowledge of existing Bus and Coach monitoring solutions and trends.
- Create marketing and promotion materials for New Flyer Connect.
- Develop training materials for users of New Flyer Connect.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Post-secondary education in business or related discipline
- Strong technical aptitude
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, presentation skills and effective interpersonal skills
- Commitment to customer satisfaction through building and maintaining strong customer relationships
- Adept with Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong organizational, analytical and time-management skills
- Ability to perform efficiently and effectively within a team environment and to work independently as required
- Motivated self-starter with capabilities to work within a fast paced team oriented environment
- Experience with Telematics or in the transportation industry would be considered an asset *Travel is required for this position*
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Competitive Wages.
- A continuous learning environment.
- Ability to advance your career with a growing company.
- NFI Group has been named a Manitoba Top Employer for 2020 and this is the tenth since the competition was established in 2007.
- Employee social committee organizes numerous events throughout the year, including summer barbecues, holiday festivities, sporting events and tournaments, and much more.
- Ongoing employee development through a variety of in-house training initiatives along with tuition subsidies for courses at outside institutions.
We exist to move people. Our mission is to design and deliver exceptional transportation solutions that are safe, accessible, efficient and reliable.
ABOUT NFI GROUP:
With over 8,900 team members operating from more than 50 facilities across ten countries, NFI is a leading independent global bus manufacturer providing a comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions under brands: New Flyer® (heavy-duty transit buses), Alexander Dennis Limited (single and double-deck buses), Plaxton (motor coaches), MCI® (motor coaches), ARBOC® (low-floor cutaway and medium-duty buses), and NFI Parts?. NFI buses and motor coaches incorporate the widest range of drive systems available including: clean diesel, natural gas, diesel-electric hybrid, and zero-emission electric (trolley, battery, and fuel cell). In total, NFI now supports over 105,000 buses and coaches currently in service around the world. NFI common shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol NFI. News and information are available at www.nfigroup.com, www.newflyer.com, www.mcicoach.com, www.arbocsv.com, www.alexander-dennis.com, www.carfaircomposites.com and www.nfi.parts.