The Business Development Specialist is responsible for developing and selling custom learning solutions, to Long-Term Care homes, Retirement homes, In-home Care Agencies and other related healthcare institutions, to fill the demand for Personal Support Workers.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Actively contact Long-Term Care homes, Retirement homes and In-home Care Agencies across New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, to source out leads for the delivery of onsite Personal Support Worker/Continuing Care Assistant training (on customer site or in an Eastern campus
- Build relationships with the provincial Health Associations and Organizations across New Brunswick and Nova Scotia to understand local market Personal Support Worker/Continuing Care Assistant hiring needs
- Participate in relevant provincial Long-Term care conferences, and other related events, to build relationships with healthcare organizations
- Conduct corporate presentations to Long-Term Care homes, Retirement homes, In-Home Care Agencies and other related organizations, to present solutions to address the Personal Support Worker/Continuing Care Assistant shortage
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with the New Brunswick Nursing Home Association and the Health Association of Nova Scotia
- Recruit all Personal Support Worker/Continuing Care Assistant students for all custom classes, including the delivery of information sessions, interview and test students for admissions, create enrollment contracts (will require weekend and evening work) and update all student interactions/communications in Student Information System (XCAS), prepare internship contracts and enter job placement data
- Prepare quotes and proposals for all custom training delivery including pricing and schedules
- Set up classroom(s) with required Personal Support Worker/Continuing Care Assistant equipment *
To be successful in this role you will have a minimum of three (3) years of demonstrated experience in sales (Business to Business sales is preferred), and or business development. Demonstrated experience and proven success in providing excellent customer service and doing presentations. Experience cold calling and developing relationships with corporate customers is strongly preferred. Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are required. Strong interpersonal, organizational and time management skills are essential. You will be proficient with MS Office.
Access to a reliable vehicle, possession of a valid provincial driver's license and credit card is required to be considered for this position. The ability to travel to New Bruswick and Nova Scotia and stay overnight (where required). The candidate will be required to work 3 to 4 Saturdays and 1 to 2 evenings per month during busy recruiting times. .
Hours of Work:
This position is a permanent full-time opportunity.
This position will be based out of the either New Brunswick or Nova Scotia, dependant on candidate location
The scheduled start is immediate.
This position is compensated with a base salary plus performance incentives.
About Eastern College:
Eastern College is a Canadian owned Registered Private Career College in Nova Scotia & New Brunswick. At Eastern we strive to be the very best at what we do, both in the eyes of our students and coworkers. It is the dedication of our employees that has resulted in Eastern as being recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for 9 consecutive years. Our college was founded on familial values and these have been retained for the last 27 years. We are truly a team in every sense and work collaboratively towards our common goal of preparing job-ready graduates. Our teams are highly motivated and passionate about the work they do and the impact they have on changing the lives of each student that studies at the college. A career at Eastern provides you with an opportunity to truly make a difference in the community. We look forward to connecting with you!
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be