Regional Marketing Manager
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) currently has an exciting opportunity for an automotive enthusiast to support our Marketing department. This is a full-time opportunity and will report to the Toyota Retail Marketing Manager. The selected candidate will champion effective and efficient brand aligned marketing efforts through all communication channels and customer touch points
- specifically at the retail level
- by working closely with regional Toyota Dealer Associations (TDAs) and individual Toyota dealers (Tier 3) by influencing with insights, action and consistency. Be part of the team growing Toyota from being Canada's most respected automotive brand to the most admired one through a commitment to being the better choice in both the hearts and minds of Canadians.
What You'll Be Doing:
Retail Brand Custodianship
- Inform and inspire a better & differentiated approach to marketing at the retail level that collectively grows our business, experience and brand desire
- Provide marketing expertise to dealers, liaising with Marketing department and Parts & Service department for opportunities to leverage dealer-level insights & customer data (including segmentation, conquest)
- Provide dealers with expert marketing advice regarding tactical advertising creative & media choices (new vehicle sales as well as parts & service) in line with TCI brand compliance & Tier 3 mandate (i.e. use of visuals, overall messaging)
- Review with dealers individual marketing capability scorecard; identify opportunities for improvement, share best practices & possible countermeasures; conduct follow-ups.
- Assist TCI experiential team by promoting dealer opportunities to leverage national partnerships at the regional / dealer level (National Sports Organizations, athletes, tradeshows, etc.)
- Advise and support dealers on ways to increase showroom traffic (merchandising, lead capture and follow-ups, etc).
- Explain and assess dealer omnichannel approach to marketing. Assist in the creation of ideas and strategy.
Enhance Dealership Digital Capability
- Inform and educate dealership sales & service marketing staff on Digital capability and effectiveness to create consistent understanding of basic facets of digital marketing. This includes SEO/SEM, display, website (on page and off page), Google tools, social, etc.
- Provide guidance on digital opportunities
Brand-Aligned Dealer Communications
- Present marketing communications plans and approaches from Tier 1 (national advertising) and Tier 2 (TDA advertising) to inform and inspire.
- Inform Dealerships on best practices re: usage of resources (AdBuilder, Digital Play Books, Aeroplan, Google Analytics, digital audit tools, nameplate communications placemats, etc.)
- Provide dealer learning opportunities for creation of brand-aligned dealer-level advertising.
- Explain and reinforce TCI brand standards & purpose
Regional Marketing and TDA Support
- Be the regional marketing representative with the TDA agency's regional representative as required (dealer advertising templates required, meetings with dealers, etc.)
- Support Tier 1 & 2 activations in dealer communities where required, such as National Sports Organizations and athlete activities, auto show activations, and liaising with Dealer where required
Coop Advertising Compliance
- Advise Dealerships on effective co-op usage & compliance requirements.
What You Bring:
- University degree or equivalent
- College degree in specific field (Retail / Digital Marketing) is also valuable.
- Minimum combined 5-7 years of experience in marketing and / or retail & dealer relationship building experience. Digital experience is a benefit.
- Experience working with stakeholders in an influential fashion towards building improved Sales / Marketing effectiveness.
- Strong presentation and influence skills
- Able to work one on one or with groups of stakeholders to drive alignment to best practices and new tools.
- Must be confident and passionate about identifying and acting upon opportunities to grow dealer marketing opportunities, and impact through persuasion in order to drive brand alignment, improved marketing and guest experience and stronger sales / marketing effectiveness and efficiency. Must be willing to learn and understand new challenges in an ever evolving market where the consumer dictates the experience.
- Automotive Experience a highly recommended asset (working with dealers), including experience / familiarity with parts & service operations.
- Must be able to travel extensively
- Bilingual (English & French) is an asset
What We'll Bring:
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary including bonus
- Health and dental benefits effective immediately
- Company pension plan with matched contribution
- Associate Vehicle discount program
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
- Fitness reimbursement
- Great company culture
- Respect for People and Continuous Improvement is at our core
- Paid Holiday shutdown and competitive paid time off benefits
What You Should Know:
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, or any other characteristics protected by law.