We're a sunny, cheerful and hard-working team. We're looking to add a team member who exudes positivity and brings with them an enthusiastic zest for life. Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the Social Media & Content Specialist is responsible for creating, planning and implementing data-driven marketing strategies that result in increased web and in-store traffic. This is done by developing positive brand recognition and growing brand awareness.
The Social Media & Content Specialist is in charge of managing all social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.) as well as making the engaging content shared on them. They would be expected to edit and coordinate print materials such as vinyl decals, menus, posters and branded documents. This position requires innovative thinking to appeal to our audience when creating content including, but not limited to, social media, blog posts, photos, images, slide decks, gifs and short videos.
They will be using their charismatic skills to communicate with guests through email, phone, web reviews and social media. As the voice of Fresh, it is important that Social Media & Content Specialist is knowledgeable on inclusive marketing movements and ensures all social efforts support Fresh's company values of inclusivity and accountability. The Social Media & Content Specialist plays a crucial role in uplifting our brand identity, elevating employee training and improving our overall guest experience by researching and defining desired target audiences. This individual must be a quick thinker who protects the Fresh brand with every decision they make and inspires anyone interacting with the brand including guests, partners and employees. The ideal coordinator would be resourceful, personable, creative and can communicate Fresh's story authentically.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responds to public feedback and reviews through email, phone, Yelp, Google, Glassdoor, Indeed, etc.
- Creates posts and maintains activity on the company website and all social media platforms including Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, etc.
- Uses MailChimp to create and monitor email newsletters and increase engagement of subscribers
- Develops and delivers monthly publish calendars to align online posts with promotions
- Grows new and existing social networks by increasing brand awareness and engagement rates
- Promotes an experience-driven approach with guests and uses SMO & SEO best practices to encourage them to engage with the brand across online and offline platforms
- Manages the execution and ongoing optimization of Fresh's marketing programs including, but not limited to, programmatic display, paid social, paid search, native, online video and affiliate channels
- Organizes philanthropic initiatives aligning with Fresh's values through sponsorship packages & donations
- Coordinates the design, edits and delivery of all printed material
- Writes effective, concise copy for multiple platforms, websites, blog and social networks
- Records and edits short videos for social media and training modules
- Designs and edits posters, decals, images, etc. that are appealing
- Monitors the performance of published content, guest engagement, and other marketing initiatives buy collecting and analyzing impactful data
- Stays informed and interprets industry news and consumer trends and translates research into actionable strategic plans that can achieve business goals
- Works with HR Department to support public diversity and inclusion strategy, improve employer branding and provide feedback on material distributed internally
- Achieves marketing operations within budget with positive ROI
- Able to work from home independently and visit restaurant locations when required
- Ability to make themself available to execute the changes to projects outside of 9am-5pm hours
- Confident understanding of the restaurant industry and food service operations
- 1 year of content creation experience for a variety of mediums
- 2 years of social media and/or public relations experience
- Export proficiency in the Adobe CC Suite, photography, Hootsuite and MailChimp
What's in it for you?
Fresh Restaurants values resiliency, accountability and inclusivity. Our culture of trust allows our employees to find satisfaction in working hard as a fun, diverse team. We offer a casual work environment with the ability to work remotely, competitive compensation and benefits packages. Employees enjoy perks with our Toronto and LA partners (discounts galore!) and are motivated by the positive brand.
Since 1999, Fresh has been Toronto's original source for modern plant-based food, currently for takeout and delivery only. Listening to local health authorities, we will open our patios and dining rooms when it is safe to do so. We also offer a full line of raw, organic cold-pressed juice, and a traditional made-to-order gourmet juice bar. Our craft cocktails are made with cold-pressed juice and artisan ingredients by small Ontario suppliers. For nearly 20 years it's been our mission to prove that a plant-based diet can be satisfying, energizing and crave-able. Our food is made daily, in-house, from whole, natural ingredients. Our vision begins and ends with great food, inspired service, and memorable experiences. This goes beyond beautifully designed and decorated restaurants, it means menus are developed, our service standards are perfected, playlists are curated and experiences are made with our guests as our focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Fresh strives to further challenge and disrupt the status quo to become a champion of diversity, inclusion, equity and anti-oppression. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization through inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and work environments. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds and encourage applications from individuals who identify as Indigenous, Black, persons of colour, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. We are pleased to provide accommodations at any point to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable application process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be kept confidential.