Who We Are:
At Canopy Support Services, we empower individuals to overcome barriers and live their best lives. Within a welcoming, safe, accessible environment, those with intellectual and developmental disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), and Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) have access to individualized supports, resources, and specialized clinical services.
Taking an individualized approach, we recognize that everyone's abilities and circumstances are unique, and that they require different supports or solutions to achieve their best quality of life. Our skilled staff work together as a team. Through creativity, strong communication, and collaboration, they empower and inspire confidence in those we serve. We are a capacity building organization. Through planning, evidence-based approaches and proactive measures, we form a stable foundation in the lives of those we support. With knowledge and expertise, we play a part in strengthening our community and its people.
Our primary service area extends across five regions
- Northumberland, Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Durham, and Haliburton
- and is expanding virtually and physically to reach new areas. With a growing team of over 80 dedicated staff, we work with individuals of all ages to support them in different stages of their lives.
At Canopy Support Services, people are listened to, supported, and empowered. We find individualized solutions that build on strengths, and are inspired by best practice and rooted in community. Together, we build capacity, forming a stable foundation in the lives of those we support.
What We Can Offer You:
- Being a part of an engaged and caring work place
- Contributing to our Strategic Directions and FOCUS Accreditation standards
- Strong work/life balance with a work week of 35 hours with emphasis on working some evenings
- Ability to work virtually during COVID, pension and benefits package
- An agency culture founded on our core values of Caring Community, Safety, Transparency, Accountability, Continuous Learning and Collaboration
What We Will Ask of You: As a key member of our Central Navigation and Leadership teams the Lead Specialists plays an important role. On most days you'll be fostering relationships and creating synergies across the agency's multiple databases to support efficient and effective operations amongst teams. This role provides supervision and support to the Central Navigation Specialists and ensures effective operational management of the department within the allocated budget. As the Lead Specialist, you will also be involved in developing communication resources, supporting agency social media platforms, collaborating with Supervisors on process developments including; internal forms, flow-charts and other visual materials to support staff navigate the work they do as well as other specialized projects as required.
- Supporting the development of communication processes and contents, including internal and external messages.
- Support and collaborate with Canopy Supervisors and staff to align business strategies to Client Database Manager (CDM), support teams with troubleshooting and provide information and resources
- Foster collaborative and integrated relationships among teams and services to support the outcomes and strategic directions of the agency.
- Oversee the coordination of multiple databases (including, but not limited to: DSCIS, Passport DSCIS, CRM and CDM) ensuring operations in accordance with training, program flows and the purpose of the systems, minimizing information gaps and maintaining accuracy.
- Create procedures, visuals and training materials for teams in the areas lead or supported by Central Navigation as required.
- Support the Central Intake function alongside the Specialists
- Completion of Bachelor Degree in Business, Social Sciences or related field or have equivalent experience and knowledge
- 3+ years of professional experience working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Familiarity with Developmental Sector, Developmental Services Ontario(DSO) including a working knowledge of the DSCIS database system is an asset.
- Strong attention to detail, well organized with an excellent ability to prioritize, multi-task and take initiative
- Ability to maintain positive and professional relationships with parents and other stakeholders
- Computer proficiency and excellent communication skills
- Compassionate and responsible supporter of people, their families, and community partners
- Commitment to maximize resources and improve people's quality of life
We look forward to having a person who shares our passion and commitment to developmental services join us!
How You Can Join Our Team:
If you're interested in working with us to better your community, then please click Apply now to complete your application!
We will review applications as they are received until we find our successful candidate. We thank you for your interest and those selected to participate in the selection process will be contacted. Accommodation in accordance with applicable legislation will be provided for all employment related activities, Canopy Support Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Powered by JazzHR