Heart & Stroke leads the fight against heart disease and stroke. Our mission is to promote health, save lives and enhance recovery. We are committed to a culture that exemplifies our core values: CHAMPION Health, PRACTICE Humility, EMBRACE Change, DRIVE impact, LEARN and GROW and BE HEARTFELT.
Heart & Stroke is committed to supporting the health, well-being, and safety of our employees and their families. As such, remote work arrangements are currently in place and we are regularly reviewing this as we monitor public health guidelines.
Who we need
Based out of our Toronto office, we're looking for a dynamic writer/content specialist with internal communications experience who has the ability to create exceptional content work within tight timelines.
In this role, you will be responsible for co-developing internal communications plans and producing content to keep employees informed and connected, drive employee engagement and shape culture. Examples include but not are exclusive to executive communications, employee webinars, campaign announcements.
You are a self-motivated writer able to craft engaging employee communications that motivate employees to work towards our mission and consistently reflect the themes of collaboration, entrepreneurial spirit, diversity, and health and wellbeing in support of our desired culture. This role is perfect for a strong writer/editor who is at their best when their work combines delivering excellent contextual communications along with added fun and creativity.
How you will make an impact every day
Developing and executing internal communications activities
- Support the Manager, Internal Communications in the creation of communication plans, timelines, and defined deliverables (content) that support the shaping of culture, drive employee engagement, and align with our strategic directions and mission
- Gather, develop, write and edit engaging content to support the production and distribution of highly engaging written and visual employee communication for various channels (including email, webinars and intranet)
- Support the Manager, Internal Communications in the development and execution of an intranet strategy and electronic newsletter strategy for employees, coordinating information submitted by internal stakeholders.
- Manage the Heart & Stroke intranet, including content creation, editing, and publishing; update existing and/or archiving outdated content as appropriate
- Act as the point of contact for Heart & Stroke employees for day-to-day (business as usual) internal communication requirements
- Support the planning and delivery of all-employee events throughout the year, both live and web based.
- Facilitate technology for internal events, with the ability to troubleshoot quickly in programs including Microsoft Teams and Zoom, etc.
Support the development and distribution of communications for National and Provincial boards
- Prepare content for CEO report for board meetings, for provincial board meetings that follow HSFC board meetings, and AGM with oversight from the Manager, Internal Communications and direction from the Director, Organizational Impact
- Seek input from Director, Communications
What you bring
- Post-secondary education in a related field
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience
- A proven track record of success in developing and implementing internal communications plans that reach a diverse employee base
- Excellent writing and editing skills; proven experience creating content that is engaging and informative
- Experience managing an e-newsletter and intranet, including content development, design and upkeep
- Demonstrated expertise with project coordination
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Detail-oriented, with outstanding listening and communications skills, both written and oral
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Be a self-starter, able to work with general direction and exercise independent judgment
- Able to prioritize tasks, manage time and adapt within a fast-paced environment
- Ability to thrive under tight deadlines with limited resources
- Exceptional computer skills with sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Familiarity with SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, YouTube email marketing software (Constant Contact) and audio/video editing tools is an asset
- French language is an asset
If you want to join the fight against heart disease and stroke while building an engaged and giving community, apply by February 15, 2021.
To learn more about our mission, our values and the difference our foundation makes in the lives of Canadians at every age, visit our website.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Powered by JazzHR