Requisition ID: 96407
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
As part of Scotiabank's Cyber Security Services (CSS) department, the CSS Technical Writer will design internal process documentation. The primary goal is to meet and exceed the agreed upon objectives and perform assigned tasks while also maintaining a technical understanding of information security principles and best practices. This individual will report directly to the Director of Cyber Integration & Automation (CIA) and will work as part of the CIA team.
This role will be expected to achieve the company's information security objectives of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of information, as well as the delivery of company services through:
- Creating and designing a CSS knowledge base for practical use.
- Translating practical procedure documents into high-level management level document for audit and summary purposes.
- Assist in updating process documents outlining CSS team activities.
- Assist in relevant team training activities.
- Improving technical understanding of company security technologies.
- Recording meeting minutes for Incident Response calls and team meetings, as needed.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or College Diploma required
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience in Technical Documentation Writing or relative fields
- Experience with creating wiki style knowledge bases will be preferred
- A strong technical aptitude and desire to learn new techniques and technologies
- Basic understanding of computing systems and IT networking such as the concepts of:
- Data networking (including routing, switching, and VPN)
- Computer and cyber security principles
- Computer operating systems such as Windows, Linux, and Unix
- Candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Analytical problem-solving skills
- Efficient communications skills (listening, written, oral)
- Team player with ability to work autonomously
- Report writing and presentation skills
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.