Company: Harlequin Enterprises ULC
Department: Harlequin Trade Publishing (HTP)
Reporting To: Senior Marketing Manager
Status: Regular Full Time
Location: Toronto, 22 Adelaide Street West, Toronto (currently working remotely but will need to commute to the office when it reopens).
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, the Social Media Manager will be responsible and accountable for growing our trade titles by developing, delivering, and executing our paid and organic social media strategy. Supporting brand objectives and goals for the HTP portfolio of imprints & author brands. You will be a key member of a dynamic, highly functioning, and evolving marketing team
- including leading and developing one direct report.
Specific training or job experience required before appointment includes:
- 4+ years of related experience and a strong background in social media marketing
- Post-secondary education in a related field (Advertising, Marketing) and/or relevant experience.
- Project management experience required
- Microsoft Office proficiency and experience with project management tools
- Working knowledge of Trello, Social Media Scheduling Software, SEMrush, Canva, & Photoshop an asset
Competencies and skills required to perform this job include:
- Strong time management, organizational and planning skills.
- Exceptional internal and internal relationship management capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to communicate complex information to non-technical audiences.
- Creative and innovative thinker with a drive for results.
- Positive and passionate with ability to work well with in a close-knit, team environment.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
- The opportunity to be part of a company on the leading edge of publishing, working with a very talented team and exceptional books
- Remote work, flexible start/stop times
- Paid time off days and vacation allotment, starting at three weeks
- Flexible benefit plans to fit your needs and pension matching
- Various virtual social activities to keep you connected
- we love trivia!
- Virtual author events and access to discounted books
- Working with passionate people!
About HarperCollins Canada and Harlequin
Harlequin is a leading publisher of commercial fiction and narrative nonfiction. We publish more than 100 titles a month that reach audiences globally. Encompassing highly recognizable imprints that span a broad number of genres, we are home to many award-winning New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling authors. Harlequin is a division of HarperCollins Publishers, the second-largest consumer book publisher in the world. Through HarperCollins's global publishing program, Harlequin titles are published in 17 countries and 16 languages.
Known worldwide for the quality of its list, HarperCollins Canada is the proud home of many bestselling and award-winning authors, including Esi Edugyan, Heather O'Neill, and Lawrence Hill. It is our vision to publish the best books of our generation and to work with authors over the length and breadth of their careers. Our authors are at the centre of everything we do. In addition to the Canadian publishing program, HarperCollins Canada is responsible for the sales, marketing, and publicity of HarperCollins titles from around the globe.
Harlequin is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Harlequin is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.