Moxie's Grill & Bar operates 67 premium casual restaurants across Canada and the US. Founded in Calgary in 1986, Moxie's operates company and franchise locations in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Texas and a brand new location in Miami. Further expansion is planned for the brand in other regions across North America.
Every Moxie's is richly decorated and provides an upscale dining environment where everyone feels comfortable. An emphasis on stellar service combined with a full service menu, means guests can gather for a superb dining experience.
The menu offers globally-inspired flavours made with fresh ingredients and served with a friendly, fun and energetic approach to hospitality. They don't simply hire individuals, they create outstanding teams that are recognized industry-wide for their passion, innovation, spirit, creativity, and dedication. Moxie's attracts the kind of people that make work feel like play; the kind of people who are full of life with a talent for making others feel special.
About Northland Properties
Moxies operates as a division of Northland Properties. Recognized throughout Canada as one of the most trusted names in hotels, restaurants, sports, and construction, Northland Properties Corporation is the force behind such brands as Sandman Hotel Group, The Sutton Place Hotels, Moxie's Grill & Bar, Chop Steakhouse & Bar, Denny's Restaurants, Shark Club Sports Bar, Portmarnock Hotel and Golf Links, Revelstock Mountain Resort, The Dallas Stars, Northland Asset Management Company and more to come!
Proud to be 100% Canadian-owned and operated, with over 200 outlets nationwide, locations also in the UK and USA, their home office is in Vancouver and employs over 12,000 talented individuals.
Incorporated in 1963 by founder, Bob Gaglardi, what began as a small business dedicated to good customer service has flourished into a diversified group of companies that are quickly expanding, growing, and innovating every day. As Canada's fastest growing hospitality group, they find their strength in their people and believe this is the foundation to their continued success.
The Director of Marketing and Brand, Moxie's will report to the Chief Digital Officer / Chief Marketing Officer and will work closely with the brand President.
The director will be deeply involved in executing major Brand strategies and activations, and will develop strategies to drive awareness, guest count, sales and same store revenue.
The successful candidate will ensure marketing strategies are prioritized, integrated and aligned against highest impact opportunities and will also monitor and manage performance relative to targets.
- Working with the CMO, oversee execution of brand strategy (creative, brand, communications, marketing, events and social) that is in-line with the company's vision and directive
- Manage day-to-day marketing operations, working with cross-functional teams, to ensure that all channels (digital, social, and traditional) are integrated, cohesive and compelling and represent the brand objectives and revenue goals
- Ensure that all content is developed and executed to support revenue objectives and cohesive to the brand DNA
- Work closely with restaurant operations teams to ensure marketing campaigns are executed effectively and to capture Operations team/guest feedback.
- Partner with Digital team to evaluate the consumer journey and make recommendations on where elements of brand marketing can assist to acquire new customers and better serve existing ones
- Manage the marketing budget; ability to identify areas of investment that are backed by business cases and track the budget on a monthly basis
- Conduct quarterly business reviews on effectiveness of mass marketing campaigns
- Develop plans to incorporate social media as a key pillar to the overall marketing strategy.
- Sets clear goals for delivering growth in brand perception and affinity
- Develops deep understanding of consumer target's mindsets, attitudes, and behaviors to inform strong creative development
Background Experience, Skills and Education
- Minimum 8 to 10 years' experience in marketing roles, ideally multi-unit hospitality / retail environments
- Deep experience in brand development leveraging: storytelling and experiential marketing is essential
- A proven background in leading marketing strategy, social media and communications responsibilities
- Good understanding of all media disciplines, including social media and consumer driven technologies
- A winning attitude and an influential personality who is gifted at developing deep relationships and who has a strong track record of achieving business and sales objectives
- Attracts, develops and mentors the talent needed for current and future business requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; an excellent presenter
- Equally outstanding at building relationships up, across, and down the organization where they are employed
- Autonomous and a self-starter and has the ability to solve issue as they come up as well as take advantage of opportunities
- A strategic thinker who is a great executer of strategies in a performance-based culture
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking abilities and fact-based decision maker
- Confident, hands on, assertive and thrives in competitive, fast-changing environment
- Team leader with a collaborative approach
Leadership and Personal Attributes
- Results driven with a high level of ownership, accountability, and initiative
- Capable of handling multiple complex projects at once, structure work-flow, prioritize, and deliver on multiple deadlines amidst changing priorities in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Proven ability to motivate, mentor, develop and manage a team, including personally organize, prioritize, delegate, and motivate a team
- Multi-tasking, highly organized, thorough, detail-oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Must be a tenacious self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a part of a team
Why Join Northland?
- Work with smart, driven, and inspiring people in a fun and collaborative environment
- Be creative & strategic
- Comprehensive benefits package
- An organization that is growing in the Canada, USA and UK
- Become a key part of a sizable enterprise during a critical time of growth and development
- Ability to make a tangible difference with significant impact
Submission of resume does not guarantee an interview or an actual transfer. Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, provided they meet the minimal requirements of the applicable skills required.
You must be legally entitled to work in Canada to apply as the employer does not have a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) that would support a foreign worker.
**Applications will not be accepted via email or in person.
**We thank all applicants for their interest in Career opportunities with Northland Properties, however, only those applicants we wish to interview will receive a reply to their application.**
**ABSOLUTELY NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE**