Otter Co-op is now accepting applications for a Full-Time Animal Nutrition & Sales Consultant based out of our Feed Mill located in Armstrong, BC.
Who we are:
Co-op does business differently. As a co-operative, we believe in working together to serve Western Canadians, delivering profits back to our communities and investing in sustainable growth. To learn more about who we are and how you can help bring our brand to life, visit us at www.otterco-op.crs.
What you'll do:
- Manage all aspects of the customer relationship.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal and external customers, as well as industry partners.
- Participation in business development activities including networking, tradeshows and identifying opportunities within the Okanagan market.
- Maintain on-going and proactive contact with customers to anticipate and manage their service needs.
- Develop forecasts and strategy to meet sales targets.
- Ensure regular communication with management, production, and office staff, as required.
- Able to work a flexible work week as required.
- Contribute to the Team in living the Corporate Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence.
Why it matters:
Our team provides a range of products and services to support our member-owners. Through the work that we do, we help to build, fuel, feed and grow Western Canadian communities together.
Who you are:
You are looking for a career in Agriculture / Animal Feed Sales and:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Outside Sales, account acquisition and business development.
- Animal Feed and/or Agriculture related education or equivalent experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Feed Production, formulation and HACCP/Feed Assure requirements a strong asset.
- Experience in animal feed sales an asset.
- Enjoys working in a team environment and has a strong passion for the agriculture industry.
- Ability and willingness to be out of town including overnight travel.
- Must have Valid Class 5 driver's license and a clean driver's abstract (to be updated annually).
- Self-motivated sales professional with a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills
- both verbal and written.
- Ability to develop strong professional relationships with both internal and external guests.
- Able to perform physical job duties with some lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs.
- Computer proficiency and working knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Visio and Outlook.
Our Team Members receive competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package, and an employer-contributed pension plan (full time only). We encourage our Team Members to take advantage of learning opportunities, to grow and develop and to foster a culture of teamwork and innovation.
Otter Co-op is committed to a diverse and supportive working environment based on our Core Company Values of Integrity, Community and Excellence. We are committed to giving back to our communities through our Corporate Social Responsibility Program.
At Co-op, we embrace diversity and inclusion, and we are working to create a workplace that is as diverse as the communities we serve. We support and provide an environment that allows all to bring their whole selves to work.
All successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check.
We would like to thank everyone for their applications, however only candidates that will be moving forward in the interview process will be contacted.
Powered by JazzHR