At Odyssey Trust, we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service and simple solutions to our clients. As a local, independent trust company, we're flexible, responsive and solution-oriented.
The Associate, Communications will be an integral part of our team. On a day-to-day basis you will be managing incoming inquiries from clients and their shareholders. Our business is continually evolving and you will help us shape its growth. We're looking for someone who is known for their professionalism, articulate communication skills, work ethic and initiative, technical abilities and someone who pays close attention to detail.
The Associate will build strong relationships with our Odyssey team and the community of brokerage firms and others that regularly contact Odyssey for information. You are someone they can count on to be available when they need you, find solutions to their challenges, and assist with their inquiries. You are responsible to:
- Manage day-to-day interactions with our client's shareholders and their representatives, with a focus on efficiently and accurately handling their inquiries
- Form part of our Operations team, to assist with processing and auditing transactions
- Perform general administration tasks, such as printing, mailing, scanning, and office management
- Receiving and sorting daily mail and couriers
- Receiving visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing, and announcing them appropriately
Skills and Experience
- Prior experience in securities or at a brokerage firm is an asset but not required
- Exceptional communication skills (written and oral), experience answering the main line on a busy phone system, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Solutions-based attitude, answering inquiries with ?yes, I can do that for you? or ?let me find a way to make this happen?
- Attention to detail and takes pride in work
- Enjoys working with a small, closely-knit team in a fast-paced environment
- Considers themselves technically sound and diligent
- Completion of Canadian Securities and similar courses is preferred, but not essential
- Strong proficiency with Office 365 (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), and other desktop applications
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. By submitting your resume, you consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.