JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Be part of something bigger!
BD is one of the largest global medical technology companies in the world and is advancing the world of health by improving medical discovery, diagnostics and the delivery of care. We have over 65,000 employees and a presence in virtually every country around the world to address some of the most challenging global health issues.
BD is a place where you can achieve your life's work through your work life. The purpose of our Marketing department at BD is to drive sustainable profitable growth by defining, executing and continually improving the global marketing and business strategies of BD. We engage in critical thinking to inform high-quality marketing choices that drive our growth. This provides an opportunity for professional and personal fulfillment whilst delivering solutions and initiatives to advance the world of health?.
As the Marketing Director, you will manage the oversight and execution of marketing activities to help achieve annual business targets for DC (Diabetes Care) Canada. You will own day to day leadership of marketing and clinical as well as lead strategic marketing imperatives to evolve our go to market with further penetration in digital enablement. You will excel at thinking creatively, removing obstacles and empowering others. A leader and collaborator who has a strong drive for results and is rewarded by the success of their team. This role is based out of BD Canada HQ in Mississauga, ON, reporting to the Business Director, Diabetes Care.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Achieve and exceed annual revenue and profit objectives in accordance with the annual business plan
- Collaborate with WWBU's & Regional Sales teams to execute national objectives and strategies
- Contribute to the ASR and Marketing plan cycles for the DC business
- Lead product launch readiness activities for DC app and new website platform
- Lead the team in the development and implementation of marketing communication programs across all elements of the communications mix and channels
- S&OP/NADS accountability
- Budget management of marketing budget
- Develop and maintain expert market knowledge in terms of market landscape and future opportunities
- Analyze, interpret and report market data and trends to assist with the deployment of specific actions to maximize business opportunities and minimize potential threats
- Lead in the organization and co-ordination of product lifecycle activities and communications
- Drive commercial excellence through representation on regional and global Marketing Council
To be successful in this role, you require:
- Commercialization excellence
- Marketing planning and execution
- Market shaping and development
- Customer insights and analytics
- Cultivate new and diverse ideas and courageous team interactions
- Build strong teams and trust them to drive business
- Drive continual growth through learning
- Outstanding leadership capabilities.
- Strong intelligence, learning skills, and business acumen.
- Excellent written and oral communications.
- Ability to work as a strong team contributor.
- Detailed knowledge of Marketing Strategies, and Strategic Selling Skills.
- High level presentation skills in a variety of presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, with peers, associates, and senior leadership.
- Success in leading KOL and Advocacy programs and relationships.
- Someone who is dedicated and self-motivated
- Should be able to travel 25%, and participate in overnight travel or evening /weekend engagements on occasion (i.e. meetings, training, tradeshows).
Education and experience required:
- University Bachelor's Degree required, Business or Science. MBA or Masters preferred.
- Minimum 5 years in Marketing within medical device or healthcare industry, diabetes experience an asset.
- Exceptional people management and development skills.
- Bilingual in French and English would be an asset.
Why join us?
A career at BD means that you are part of a team that values your opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your authentic self to work. Here you can fulfill your life's purpose through the work that you do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total Rewards program
- which includes competitive pay, benefits, continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance components
- is designed to support the varying needs of our diverse and global associates.
TO LEARN MORE ABOUT BD VISIT HTTPS : //jobs.bd.com/
Great Place to Work® has certified our workplace culture based on your feedback in the Trust Index® survey, and we've just published the news about us on their social media channels. You can check these out here. And if you think your friends and networks would be interested in knowing more about your workplace, sharing these posts is a great way to give them some insight!
Becton Dickinson is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applications from individuals with a wide range of abilities and provide an accessible candidate experience. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Canadian Human Rights Act, Becton Dickinson will provide accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform us of any accommodation(s) you require by contacting HR at 1-855-234-3577.
Primary Work LocationCAN Mississauga
- Derry Road West