Job ID: 250040
Work Type: Regular
It is a great time to join the CRH Canada team! CRH Canada is going through an exciting business transformation which demands first-class Talent Management support to drive results.
We are building a world- class team. Make your mark!
You will be a successful addition to our team if you look at change as an opportunity to develop and contribute to the business. You will be successful in your role if you like partnering with the business, presenting new ideas and providing excellent customer service.
Mosaic Transit Constructors (Mosaic)
- a consortium comprised of Aecon, Dragados, and Dufferin
- is partnering with Metrolinx and Infrastructure Ontario to design, build and maintain the transformative Finch West Light Rail Transit (LRT) system in the City of Toronto.
Position: Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Communications Lead
Location: Toronto, ON
Summary of Position:
- Supports the development of public information materials that engages, educates, and builds trust with stakeholders and community members affected by the construction of the Finch West LRT project.
- Gather facts and information about the project to contribute to the development of communications plans, and communication materials in print, digital or social media formats (e.g., feature stories,backgrounders, fact sheets, digital/copy writing, presentations, news releases, signs, Q&A).
- Draft materials and implement plans for communication, community engagement, and community benefits as assigned by the Communications and Stakeholder Relations Lead.
- Develop and write compelling and relevant content for the Project's social media channels, the Project's and Mosaic's Websites as well as for internal and external newsletters.
- Support the planning and execution of special events to mark and celebrate Project milestones.
- Contribute to maintaining Mosaic's Website content including contributing best practices in web design.
- Monitor media and produce weekly media snapshots, as well as media analysis, about the project and related issues.
- Identify, track, and report Project-related issues to be addressed and recommends plans to address issues.
- Identify stories of interest for social media, project blog, project newsletters and other audiences.
- Maintain a positive, flexible and responsive attitude, professional image and team-oriented style.
- Build and maintain an information inventory (e.g., graphics and video).
- Contribute to the development of weekly communication work plan/schedule.
- Support the designing of digital and print campaigns (such as posters, notices, invitations, e-newsletters, as assigned.
- Provide other duties that may be assigned by the Communications and Stakeholder Relations Lead.
- A post-secondary diploma in communications or a related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum five years progressively responsible and related experience in communications, including communications on infrastructure projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of traditional and social media platforms, analytical tools, and social media best practices to support communications, community engagement, and community benefits objectives.
- Working knowledge of Web and design utilities such as CMS, HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, accessibility tools and AODA standards.
- Experience working with local or provincial governments is an asset.
- Highly organized with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment. Meticulous attention to detail.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package in a fast-paced work environment. We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenges and want to work on leading-edge infrastructure projects.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Visit our website for more information: http://www.crhcanada.com
CRH Canada Group Inc. recognizes Canada's diverse landscape. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.