Marketing Communications Manager
2 Lansing Square, North York, ON M2J 4P8, Canada Req #892
Friday, February 5, 2021
To support our continued growth and provide excellence in customer service and satisfaction, Reliance Home Comfort is looking for a high energy and results focused individual for the following role:
Position: Marketing Communications Manager
Location: 2 Lansing Square, North York
Reports to: Director, Marketing
For the past 50 years, Reliance Home Comfort has been the industry leader in providing home comfort solutions to over 1.9 million customers across North America.
Reliance? has been providing affordable, reliable home heating, cooling, hot water, water purification, electrical, plumbing & Smart Home products & services. Our customers know they can count on us for fast, friendly, knowledgeable service and advice
- and that's comfortable!
Our organization has grown exponentially in size and we are incredibly proud to be recognized recently by:
- Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. as Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
- Waterstone Human Capital Ltd. for Canada's Most Admired CEO (Sean O'Brien)
- Glassdoor as ?Best Places to Work in Canada?
Each day, 2,300 Reliance Team Members focus on delivering an outstanding customer experience, developing top talent and giving back to the communities where we live and work. In 2019 alone, we have donated over $650,000 to United Way and $100,000 in equipment to Habitat for Humanity.
The Marketing Communications Manager is responsible for supporting and successfully executing engaging, performance driven marketing communications initiatives to the business. If you like working with a great team in a fast-paced environment that delivers tangible business results, then let's talk.
- Responsible for creating, delivering and executing marketing campaigns across a variety of channels to increase conversion and market share for Reliance.
- Create compelling campaign concepts in support of lead generation and work closely with our agency partners (creative, media).
- Develop comprehensive creative briefs that clearly articulate campaign goals, requirements and timelines for internal team buy-in and execution.
- Evaluate the performance of executed strategic programs and campaigns to determine their effectiveness in meeting lead generation / sales objectives. Complete post-mortem reports with recommendations for future campaigns.
- Ongoing management of agency partners including strategic goal setting, campaign briefs, budgets, creative direction, daily relations, final approval and feedback loop.
- Close collaboration with agency and production partners to meet deadlines and maintain KPI's and ensure governance is adopted across all touch points.
- Host bi-weekly sessions with Branch Leaders and supporting teams on campaign status, performance and insights.
- Point person for brand insights, customer measurement and overall research.
- Work closely with Product Management team to oversee performance of defined Lines of business and help formulate take to market plans and execute these plans.
- Think strategically and creatively about new ways to introduce our brand to new customers/consumers and increase relevance.
- Co-Lead annual media planning and value proposition research.
- Identify and use competitive research, market analysis, current audience data and innovative thinking to implement against strategy and program optimization.
- Identify brand insights and ongoing marketing research opportunities for the organization.
- Assist on strategic projects including brand communications, consumer insights and brand lift studies.
- Lead the development and execution of strategies related to new product launches. Including but not limited to identifying key launch strategies and platforms within the Canadian markets.
- Responsible for providing ongoing tracking and budget management. Ensure efficient spend and cost-effective implementation.
- Responsible for all marketing collateral, updates, refreshes and new materials as necessary for the branches.
- Works cross-functionally with Reliance stakeholders to ensure alignment with organizational goals and objectives.
- Minimum 5+ years' experience in Marketing or advertising either agency or client side, preferably in a management capacity
- Post-secondary education with a degree in Business or Marketing
- A strong aptitude for numbers
- ability and experience measuring/quantifying efficacy of marketing spend
- Knowledge of, and experience with a broad variety of marketing channels, including TV, radio, Out of home, digital, print, mobile, direct marketing
- Experience managing agency in the development of creative concepts across multiple media (developing creative briefs)
- Experience and comfortable presenting/selling through concepts and plans to sr. leaders in organization.
- Proven success developing and executing marketing campaigns across different business channels to increase market share
- Results-driven leader who takes initiative and accountability to improve business outcomes
- Superior critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deliverables
- Detail oriented, creative thinker with strong story telling skills and the ability to manage highly visible projects
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and communication ability
- Excels in a cross functional business structure where collaboration and coordination between departments is essential to success
- A natural ability to understand and connect with the consumer's point of view
Please note that this position requires a Criminal Background Check be completed for potential candidates. This check must be satisfactory in order for an employment offer to be extended unconditionally.
Reliance Home Comfort is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds including minorities and those with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.