Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 22,000 team members in over 350 locations worldwide are vital to making our company stronger.
We're marketers, communicators, and strategic pursuit partners who play an integral role in the development and execution of creative vision, innovative solutions, and business strategies. As trusted advisors, we collaborate with designers, engineers, scientists and project managers to drive projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Words are powerful! They help us tell stories that bring our brand to life. We have a spot available for a versatile and seasoned communicator who specializes in business change communications and digital writing.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working closely with the Employee Communications team lead, you'll write copy in Stantec's distinctive brand voice to advance our Company's strategy, business change communications, employee engagement, and more. Your ability to see the bigger picture, distill key messages, and write copy for digital platforms makes you shine.
- Collaborate with key internal partners to offer strategic communications advice based on sound analysis and knowledge of business change communications.
- Keeping the employee audience top-of-mind you excel at taking complex subjects and distilling key actions and behaviors to help employees understand and adopt change initiatives.
- Develop a quick understanding of Stantec's purpose, brand promise, strategy, client needs, and key differentiators.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- An understanding of business change and the ability to apply business change to your writing style
- Adaptability and the ability to succeed in a fast-paced and complex business environment
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with management, peers, and internal clients
- Detail oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills to help balance conflicting priorities and tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a team, as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to create compelling copy that captures the attention of target audiences
- Ability to effectively balance conflicting priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency with Web-based tools and Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Prosci certification and change management communications experience considered an asset
Education and Experience
- A degree in English, Journalism, Professional Writing, Communications, or Public Relations
- 6 years of business change writing and communications experience
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Marketing and PR/Communications Professional
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Employee Status: Contract
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 2100009L
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans