D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience
- and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages
- in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L's has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns
- and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
At D2L, partnership is a part of our DNA. With hundreds of integration, affiliate, and channel partners across the globe, we celebrate the many forms partnership can take. As a Content Marketing Specialist on our Product Marketing team, you'll play an integral role in developing and executing the partner and channel content plan. You'll work closely with subject matter experts to create high-quality and engaging content to communicate the value of D2L's strategic partnerships across all segments-K-12, Higher Education, and Corporate-resulting in strong business growth and successful partnerships.
At a high level, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of our market, segments, buyers, and competitors
- Support the development and execution of a partner and channel content plan across all segments
- Craft compelling content for every stage of the customer journey-from awareness through adoption to advocacy
- Amplify the voice of our customers by telling their stories
- Equip our teams to successfully leverage our strategic partnerships
- Use data insights to learn, adapt, and thrive
As a Content Marketer at D2L you are a product champion, customer advocate, and creative storyteller. You are passionate about understanding the needs of our customers and helping them leverage Brightspace and our partner solutions to help solve their most pressing challenges. You are an exceptional writer with a talent for creating content that engages, educates, and inspires our customers, optimizing their journey to conversion. You are a self-motivated, boundaryless collaborator with a proven ability to manage multiple tasks and excel working in a fast-paced environment.
How you'll make an impact:
- Establish, implement, and manage a content plan and editorial calendar that supports and enhances strategic business objectives, partner initiatives, and demand generation campaigns
- Be the voice of the market-leverage our unique value proposition frameworks as the foundation for consistent and well-differentiated messaging that resonates in the markets we serve
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and subject matter experts to research, create, edit, publish, and promote partner content aligned to SEO and industry best practices
- Produce content in a variety of formats to help engage, educate, and inspire, including infographics, white papers, evaluation guides, blog posts, webpages, and videos
- Contribute to the creation of core assets that communicate the value of Brightspace and our partnered solutions, including website landing pages, slides, one-pagers, and videos
- Integrate the voice of our customers into content to help tell a compelling story
- Promote the D2L brand-ensure all content maintains a consistent brand voice as outlined in the D2L style guide
- Work with our social media and communication teams to amplify content through owned, earned, and paid channels
- Manage third-party writers if necessary, to help produce top quality content at scale
- Analyze content performance-monitor and report on content marketing metrics and show continuous improvement of the content strategy based on analytics, including the repurposing and reusing high-performing content
What you'll bring to the role:
- Five or more years of professional writing experience-content marketing experience preferred but not required
- Excellent communication, writing, and editing skills with a keen eye for detail
- Open-minded attitude-receptive to incorporating new ideas and feedback for continuous improvement
- High-impact storytelling skills that evoke emotion and inspire action
- Demonstrated success using digital and print content to generate leads and sales
- Working knowledge of search engine optimization best practices in digital content creation
- Ability to anticipate and adapt to shifting priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional, multidisciplinary teams
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills