We create the critical networks and technologies to bring together the world's intelligence, across businesses, cities, supply chains and societies. With our commitment to innovation and technology leadership, driven by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs, we deliver networks at the limits of science across mobile, infrastructure, cloud, and enabling technologies. Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities we need for a more productive, sustainable and inclusive world.
About IP Optical Networks
Our IP/Optical Networks business group (ION) includes IP, optical and network automation technologies and related services sold to our communication service provider customers as well as adjacent markets including webscale companies and enterprises. Our comprehensive wide area networking (WAN) solutions enable our customers to build and operate automated, secure, and high-performance networks at massive scale
- helping to interconnect people and things from any broadband access modality to
- and among
- edge clouds, central clouds, the Internet, and other services and data centers.
The optical networking market is in the midst of an exciting period of change with the introduction of new coherent technologies, line systems evolution and network automation capabilities that bring new value to our customers. Nokia's optical networking solutions span metro, long haul and subsea applications for communications service providers, cable/MSOs, webscale Internet content providers and enterprises worldwide.
The Nokia IP/Optical Networks portfolio marketing team is seeking a seasoned and dynamic marketing leader who is capable of driving our Optical Networks portfolio marketing strategy and activities.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and implement marketing strategy and plan to support our business objectives and to position Nokia as a leader and innovator in optical networks
- Develop product value propositions and positioning that clearly articulate our offers and differentiate us from the competition
- Work with the marketing campaign strategy and management teams to develop and deliver comprehensive marketing programs
- Work with product management and business development teams to create and publish marketing collateral including datasheets, white papers, technical application notes, competitive analysis reports, business case studies, power point presentations, customer success stories, videos, podcasts, articles and other assets
- Provide support to the sales teams and regional business center teams with marketing tools to help their sales efforts, sales training to keep them up to date on the latest product and solution developments, and direct customer support as required
- Support external communications with customers, partners, industry analysts and media on a regular basis to represent the portfolio of products and solutions. Support the promotion of our solutions at external industry events and conferences.
- Support ?getting the word out' through active engagement on social media, and ensuring our products and solutions are visible at the right trade shows and industry conferences
The successful candidate for this position must be able to work closely and collaboratively with a cross-functional, global team and represent the full suite of Nokia's Optical Networks solutions.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent technology background or experience.
- MBA considered an asset
Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years experience in telecom equipment & services industry. 5+ years experience in a senior marketing role is required.
- Candidate must have knowledge in one or more of the following areas: coherent optical technologies, WDM, OTN, ROADMs/line systems, packet-optical, IP/MPLS, Carrier Ethernet, mobile transport, data center interconnect, submarine networks, network automation
- Ability to develop product/solution messaging and positioning that effectively communicates our value proposition, implementation approach & competitive differentiation to different audiences
- Excellent communications skills are essential. Being able to represent Nokia as a spokesperson to media, analysts and customers is critical.
- Superior writing skills are essential
- must be able to write clear and concise white papers and articles that effectively influence executives as well as technical decision makers.
- The ability to build clear and compelling presentations in PowerPoint is mandatory.
- Must be able to create consensus and guide teams to develop and execute marketing programs in support of key campaigns.
- Innovative thinker who brings in different points of view into the team.
- Resilient to pressure ? a high productivity individual, prepared to be managed from a distance.
Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people's lives and help to overcome some of the world's most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves.