We make small businesses more successful through better banking.
Our company is looking for a Community Manager to join our growing team as we enter a new phase of expansion. We are a Toronto, New York and San Francisco-based, venture-backed, startup at the heart of the FinTech movement that is shaping the way financial services are delivered.
NorthOne is a mobile, tech-powered bank account built for startups, freelancers, and small/medium-sized business (SMBs). Poor financial literacy has an outsized impact on the costs and failure rates amongst SMBs, and we are on a mission to eliminate these problems. We are more than a banking platform, we are the world-class Finance Department that SMBs could never afford.
We ?? amazing customer experience. Our Head Of Customer Care helped build out Customer Care at Unata and Instacart. Our COO has worked on brands like Frank and Oak and built products for Supercell, MachineZone, and Trivago. Oh, and our CEO? 5 years at McKinsey working on digital customer experience in financial services. We're building a product that solves real pain, vs the imagined kind. Feeling it?
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Keep tabs on NorthOne's reputation on digital channels across social/review/forums/etc and create visibility for stakeholders into both acute and chronic issues
- Engage with both promoters and detractors across digital channels
- Implement tactics and strategies that encourage and enable advocates to promote their experiences with NorthOne across digital channels (social media, forums, blogs, ratings, review websites)
Today you might be a Customer Service Representative, Customer Support Agent, Online Reputation Manager, Trust & Safety or the equivalent in your company...or something that we haven't heard of yet
- we keep an open mind.
The most important characteristic of our Community Manager is your attitude. We want you to join because you don't see roadblocks, you see opportunities to go the extra mile and delight the customer.
The skills required for this role:
- You're a natural communicator and you love diagnosing and solving problems
- You're curious and enjoy learning how a product works so you can help your customers get the most out of it
- You're an expert in the tools and processes used to manage online reputation (this isn't your first rodeo!).
- Deep experience with online platforms like Twitter, Reddit, TrustPilot, Better Business Bureau, Apple App Store and Google Play Store
- You live and breathe converting difficult customers into promoters
- You have a track record of delighting customers in at a fast-paced tech company, preferably in B2B/B2C SaaS
- Experience working cross-functionally with Customer Support, Product, Brand and Social teams
- You've worked in an industry that does reputation management right
- You've had experience as a social media manager, community manager, or customer care specialist
- You've worked at a fast growing startup & have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience with SEO and how to influence the ranking and search-ability
If you are this close to what we've described, but aren't sure, apply. Let's figure out together if this is where you could shine.
Our mission is big and audacious, and we're assembling a team to take the challenge head on.
As a Community Manager you'll be joining a team that prioritizes:
- People: Our company is more than just a business. We're a band of brothers and sisters supporting each other on our mission to rebuild business banking. We're really serious about mission, fit, and the people we work with. You'll be part of a rapidly scaling team that reflects these values and keeps this place special.
- Diversity: You'll find yourself in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. Excellence doesn't come in one flavor and neither should we.
- Leadership: You're right in the thick of it, making critical decisions that will clear our path forward.
We offer full health/dental benefits, competitive compensation, and one hell of an adventure
If you recognize yourself in this job description, let's talk.
NorthOne is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, colour, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or national origin.