Reporting to the Graphic Design lead, and based in OverActive Media's Toronto Office, this position will be working alongside a team of creative and marketing professionals to continue to elevate branding and visual creation across the Overactive teams: Toronto Ultra & Toronto Defiant. This versatile creator will use their skills to plan, ideate, and create graphics and animations built for, but not limited to, marketing partnerships, content and communications. We're looking for a team player and creative mind to help push our team's creative to new levels. The successful candidate must be based in Toronto-area and have a valid documentation to work in Canada.
We're looking for:
- The successful candidate will work very closely with our Marketing team, however, will also be expected to work autonomously and in a resourceful way to manage their own projects/time to meet the fast-paced demands of our business.
A Team Player
- Someone who is ready to hit the ground running with a collaborative demeanor and positive attitude while also having the ability to absorb and apply constructive criticism.
A Multiskilled Creator
- Working within a start-up environment we see those who are solution-oriented, multitalented, and adaptable thrive.
A Passionate Gamer - Being an avid gamer and/or a passionate esports fan, is considered to be an asset for this role, as it will provide a certain edge when creating content for the fan base of a particular game.
- Design and produce video effects such as animated titles, transitions, graphic overlays, stickers, as well as special effects.
- Social media, including but not limited to: announcements, hype images, memes, scoreboards, headers, etc.
- Work with the marketing and design team on all stages of production pipeline to design and complete various motion graphic animations.
- Key contributor to internal brainstorms with the ability to provide ideas aimed to push visual graphics to new levels and achieve partner objectives.
- Create both 2D and 3D animated visuals to enhance branding materials.
- Other design/motion requests as required by the business.
QUALIFICATIONS & CRITICAL SKILLS
Education & Experience
- University degree or college diploma in a field related to Graphic Design and/or Motion Design.
- Base knowledge and/or experience designing content used across social media channels.
- Extensive experience using Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, including Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Premier Pro, etc.
- Microsoft office suite and analytics knowledge an asset.
- Video editing and photography experience an asset.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the flexibility and experience required to adjust to rapidly changing schedules and shifting priorities.
- A hands-on problem solver and critical thinker with strong attention to detail.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn't take themselves too seriously.
- Motivated by highly collaborative, fast-paced environments, with the ability to balance several projects simultaneously.
- Knowledgeable in current marketing trends, both traditional and digital.
- Adaptive design eye and skill. Typography as a second language.
- An effective team player who has proven ability to work & collaborate with cross-functional team.
- Passion for gaming and/or esports is a must!
Application must include a cover letter, resumé and design portfolio/link to work/website.
Applicants without a cover letter & portfolio will not be considered.
Note: This position is a one (1) year contract.
Part of a fun, diverse team, building a winning culture and redefining the world of sport and entertainment.