Do you believe in the strength, resiliency, and contributions of young Mother-led families? Would you like your work to make a difference in changing people's lives? Can you help us ramp up our efforts to interrupt the cycle of poverty, homeless and violence in the lives of so many young Mothers in Calgary and beyond? Do you dream big and work hard? You might be the key piece of our team that we require at Highbanks Society!
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: 22.5 hours per week (3 days)
Nature & Scope: Communication is a critical component in the collective impact approach to community-wide change. The Communications and Engagement Coordinator champions, develops, overviews, and coordinates all communication in the implementation of the organization's strategic priorities. Continually aligning all communication and engagement activity with Highbanks Communication Plan, the Coordinator updates the plan considering new and emerging realities.
Through communications, engagement, and donor stewardship activities, the Coordinator acts as an ambassador for the organization and works to enhance Highbanks reputation, funding base, and visibility in the community.
1. Strategic Communication Plan Development & Implementation
- Review and continually update Highbanks strategic communication and engagement plan to ensure alignment with strategic objectives and priorities.
- Implement the communication plan and provide advice on changes or improvements necessary to meet organizational goals.
- Assist in the development of evaluation metrics for the communication and engagement efforts, campaigns, and activities.
- Formalize and implement a donor stewardship program which includes tracking and acknowledgement of gifts and communicate same
- Broaden and diversify donor base by grant writing, giving programs, and events.
- Manage communications budget and resources and produce timely reports for all stakeholders.
- Monitor and update all social media, website, and communications postings across various platforms to ensure consistency in key messaging, alignment with brand, and support for strategic objectives.
- Act as the ?point person? and coordinate all responses to media contacts.
- Develop various communication tools and editorial calendar to support strategic objectives and the communications plan. These materials include a Stakeholder Newsletter, Monthly H B's Activity Calendar and Client/ Resident Newsletter.
- Lead the production of all print materials such as promotional materials or annual reports.
- Lead the production of all blogs, newsletters, and other mass media campaigns.
- Assist with production of policy positions or statements in response to government initiatives and advocacy efforts.
- Assist other Highbanks staff or board with their communication and engagement needs.
- Work with Mother-led families to author powerful, positive, first-person narratives
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
3. Community Engagement/Donor Stewardship
- Develop an engagement plan that aligns with strategic and growth priorities of the organization.
- Recruit, train, and engage volunteers and employees
- Evaluate and create opportunities for Highbanks to engage with the wider community and coordinate for appropriate staff participation.
- Liaise and work with Highbanks' clients, alumnae and commercial tenants to encourage greater social inclusion and engagement.
4. Event Planning & Coordination
- Plan and execute all organization wide events including the Annual General Meeting, Volunteer Appreciation Tea, Mother's Day Client/Resident Event, Alumni Events, Lawn Bowling Fundraiser, and others as required under the engagement plan.
- Develop creative approaches to execute various community engagement events with limited financial resources.
- Explore creative funding opportunities or partnerships focused on increasing visibility and profile of the organization.
Qualifications & Experience :
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications and core competencies:
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, Social Marketing, Management, or other relevant education experience.
- 2-5 years of communication and community engagement experience.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in using social media platforms, Mail Chimp, Constant Contact, and Word Press preferred.
- A strong commitment to young people, community development, and empowerment of single mothers
- Strong marketing acumen, and excellent innovation instinct.
- Experience in communications, project and financial management, and outcomes measurement.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of stakeholders from across all sectors (government, business, community, and nonprofit).
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to inspire a team.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and get things done on time.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Must celebrate the presence of women and children in the workplace.
If interested, please direct your cover letter, and resume via Isarta indicating ?Your Name
- Communications & Engagement Coordinator
? in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants who are interested in this position; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information, visit www.highbankssociety.ca
Hope Lives Here