Requisition ID: 96732
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Contributes to the overall success of the International Banking (IB) Communications team by ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed/delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
The Manager is responsible for building and delivering best-in-class internal communications in support of the IB team.
The Manager contributes to the development of communication strategies that drive understanding and successful execution of IB and all-Bank objectives and collaborates with internal partners to enhance communication from this business and across the Bank.
1. Participates in the execution of a robust communications plan and calendar of initiatives to maximize the effectiveness of communications across IB and provides communications advice to business leaders and teams.
2. Produces IB internal communications materials to promote strategic priorities, including quarterly results, executive meeting content, videos, town halls, and presentations. Works with partners to develop these communications, as needed, and coordinates their delivery.
3. Contributes to decision making processes with other leaders in the organization, in Toronto and across the Bank's footprint, representing IB Communications to achieve the division's objectives.
4. Writes and edits content for key leaders and coordinates distribution across channels.
5. Participates in the development of IB Communications platforms and works toward their enhancement. Works closely with stakeholders and technical experts to design and deliver materials on these sites; conceptualizing, creating, and delivering content for the platforms; and measuring the use and effectiveness of digital communications.
6. Provides a broad range of project management and communications support to IB key initiatives to drive strategic alignment of each initiative and to support successful execution through organization, scheduling, reporting, record keeping, and measurement.
7. Supports change management initiatives by:
- Working with in-country and business partners to execute, and measure communications.
- Ensuring consistency in the messages and communication vehicles used to communicate change in order to maintain an optimal customer and employee experience. 8. Champions a high-performance environment and implements strategies that attract, retain, develop, and motivate the team by fostering an inclusive work environment and communicating vison/values/business strategy.
9. Understands how the Bank's strategy, values, risk appetite, and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
10. Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to, and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook, and the Code of Conduct.
- Minimum undergraduate university degree in English, Communications, Journalism, Business, Marketing, or a related field.
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience in a corporate communications role.
- Must have strong social media experience and ideally experience working in the financial industry.
- Experience in developing and editing videos, online/digital communications, and graphic design is desirable.
- Superior verbal and written Spanish and English communication skills, including demonstrable creativity, accuracy, and attention to detail.
- Excellent judgement and decision-making.
- Excellent time-management and project management skills.
- Proven ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to prioritize and react quickly within a rapidly changing environment.
- The incumbent must be diplomatic and flexible, with a positive, mature attitude, and also possess the ability to remain calm under pressure and to deliver under tight timelines.
- Must also be proactive and creative, with a strong, proven ability to plan and manage competing priorities, as well as an ability to recognize and appropriately handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools is required.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and/or Photoshop is preferred.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.