Are you a student interested in building real-world graphic design experience? Do you thrive being in a fast-paced environment? Do you love pets?? If so, this is your opportunity to join a dynamic team at a rapidly growing CPG company, focused on bringing healthy, ethically sourced food and treats to pets across North America.
We are looking for a talented and knowledgeable Graphic Design Intern with fresh, creative ideas and an excellent eye for detail to join our team.
What you'll be doing:
- Create and design print and digital materials
- Adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadline
- Retouch and manipulate images
- Use graphic design software and work with a wide variety of media
- Collaborate with the Sr. Art Director and Graphic Designer to develop design concepts
- Receive feedback from the Sr. Art Director and make necessary changes
- Assemble final presentation material for printing as needed
What you bring to the table:
- All applicants must be enrolled in a College or University media-based program and the placement must go towards a school credit
- Basic knowledge of layouts, typography, color, and other graphic design fundamentals
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator (Bonus: Adobe Premier, After Effects)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiar with print and digital production and file preparation
- Strong creative and analytical skills. Great eye for detail
- Strong communication and organization skills with the ability to manage timelines
- Portfolio link or samples of recent work
- Must love dogs
What We Offer:
- An opportunity to intern with a dynamic company.
- HQ'ed in Central Toronto, currently working from home due to COVID, and actively recruiting remote applicants.
- Great office and team culture (with lots of adorable pooches!)
- Casual dress code.
- Mentorship and growth opportunities, with potential for full-time role post-graduation.
We Raise the Bar / We Keep the Barn Doors Open / We Graze Lightly / We Lead the Pack / We are Inspired by Our Customers / We Have Fun Doing It
This position is funded by the Government of Canada's Student Work Placement Program (SWPP). Students must be Canadian citizens, permanent residents or a person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. International students are not eligible.
Open Farm values diversity in its workforce and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Applicants requiring a disability-related accommodation at any stage of Open Farm's recruitment process should contact via Isarta. As required by legislation, Open Farm will consult with applications requesting such an accommodation to ensure that Open Farm's recruitment process takes into account their accessibility needs.