The Grant Writer is an essential part of the Saik'uz team and provides coherent, organized, and compelling proposals. With knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals, the Grant Writer collaborates with and assists Saik'uz departments in fulfilling their funding needs. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, has superior communication and editing skills, and a talent for researching and writing grant applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Research and understand federal and provincial government grant programs, relevant corporate grants, and foundations.
- Identify funding partners and support the building of relationships between these partners.
- Write and edit drafts for grant or proposal applications in preparation for submission.
- Prepare financial and technical progress reports and claims for grant or loan supported projects.
- Assist in developing the capacity of Saik'uz First Nation in effectively addressing the needs of its members in a culturally relevant environment.
- Collaborate with departments to identify grant opportunities and reporting needs.
- Ensure reporting requirements under grants are being met within submissions.
Competencies & Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in creative writing or a related field or equivalent experience as a working writer.
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel.
- Understanding of the federal and provincial granting landscape. Knowledge of other granting agencies an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Strong research skills.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Excel under pressure and able to handle multiple deadlines.
- Valid BC driver's license and reliable vehicle.
- Experience interacting with government funding agencies an asset.
- Knowledge of Saik'uz First Nation culture and history an asset.