DECISIVE FARMING (DF) WAS FOUNDED WITH THE PURPOSE OF SYNCHRONIZING THE OVERWHELMING NUMBER OF DATA SETS THAT FARMERS TYPICALLY MANAGE. COMBINING BOOTS-ON-THE-GROUND SUPPORT, PRECISION AGRONOMICS, INCLUDING VARIABLE RATE TECHNOLOGY, INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SERVICES AND CROP MARKETING TOOLS, DF PROVIDES A SINGLE INTEGRATED PLATFORM THAT ACTS AS THE CROP GROWER'S PRIMARY OPERATING SYSTEM. THE COMPANY CURRENTLY REPRESENTS OVER FIVE MILLION ACRES AND IS BEING USED ON 40 DIFFERENT CROP TYPES IN NORTH AMERICA.
IN DECEMBER 2019, DF WAS ACQUIRED BY TELUS. THE ACQUISITION PROVIDES DF THE SUPPORT OF A GLOBAL LEADER IN COMMUNICATIONS AND DIGITAL TECHNOLOGIES, ENABLING THE COMPANY TO GROW IN KEY MARKETS AND TO ACCELERATE THE DEVELOPMENT OF ITS INTEGRATED FARM MANAGEMENT SOLUTIONS. TELUS AGRICULTURE IS A FAMILY OF SOLUTIONS THAT INCLUDES FARM MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS, VARIABLE RATE TECHNOLOGIES, ADVANCED IMAGERY ANALYTICS AND WORKFLOW MANAGEMENT.
TO DATE, TELUS HAS ACQUIRED EIGHT COMPANIES, INCLUDING FARM AT HAND AND DF. AS PART OF THE TELUS AGRICULTURE FAMILY, WE ARE COLLABORATING MORE CLOSELY WITH FARM AT HAND. THIS PARTNERSHIP REFLECTS OUR COMMITMENT TO PROVIDE OUR CUSTOMERS WITH NEW OPPORTUNITIES THAT SUPPORT ON-FARM DECISIONS AND HELP MAKE FARM MANAGEMENT EASIER.
Primary Purpose of Position
Support the team in: Driving Decisive Farming Revenue, MFM usage and Customer Engagement through the Mentorship, Coaching, and Training of the Territory Managers by practicing, shadowing, and overseeing of sales techniques; Elevator Pitch, Cold Calling, Qualifying Questions, Product Presentations, Overcoming Objections, Onboarding Steps, Renewal Positioning, Closing Referrals.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR : Canadian Sales Manager
- Flexible between Alberta and Saskatchewan
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As we bring new talent to Insight, a part of your job will be to quickly acclimate them with the CPSA methodology
- assist with initial orientation, on-boarding, and sales training efforts. This will consist of shadowing cold calling, conducting presentation training, and providing feedback through the P.A.C.E coaching methodology.
- Onboard and train new salespeople, minimum of 2 hours per day for new hires in the first 3 months of employment. (Estimated 10 hours per week)
- Identify on-going individual and team training needs, support in the structure development and implementation.
On an on-going basis, you will be tasked with assisting our sales teams with call coaching (real time, mock calls, model calls), account planning, systems knowledge, and customer engagement. Overall, provide coaching and counseling to our TMs and work with them to pursue new business & follow up.
Support current salespeople, minimum of 1 hour per week. (Estimated 20 hours per week)
- Utilize internal scoring/feedback documents to provide feedback incorporating P.A.C.E coaching to remain very constructive.
- Act as a consultant to salespeople and provide helpful advice on coping with job-related challenges.
- Develop and support in developing and updating educational material including; presentations, sales scripts, and case studies.
- Support in designing training courses using gamification, role-playing activities and job simulation.
- Gather feedback on all training programs from trainees, managers and instructors and triage with management team to support in future direction and development.
Work hand-in-hand with Sales Enablement teams, Canadian Sales Managers & Canadian Business Excellence Manager, Product Marketing and CS teams to determine areas of opportunity. Maintain open and timely communication regarding sales leads, market challenges and other relevant issues. Contribute to the continued growth of Insight by working across the organization and achieving team quota.
- Support in setting annual learning and development objectives for the sales team.
- Evaluate employees' performance after each training.
- Monitor costs of training programs.
QUALIFICATION (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Agricultural experience with preference being digital agriculture
- Minimum of 5 years proven track record of success in B2B sales; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven work experience as a Sales Trainer or similar role
- Additional certification in training is a plus
- Must understand CRM, and other sales related tools.
- The ability to convey best practices, strategies, and tactics to new Account Executives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and has the ability to effectively communicate between all levels within the organization; self-motivated and able to work independently with little day to day supervision.
- Must have personal and professional integrity.
- Good command of English language is required.
Powered by JazzHR