At Merit Kitchens, the Customer Service and Inside Sales Rep provides help and support to our customers and build sales of Merit's products to existing and new dealers. This role responds to customer inquiries, establishes ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers, generates sales leads, and calls prospective customers.
- Support current dealers with quoting, design-assist and product knowledge.
- Maintain relationships with current dealers and identify and solicit potential dealers.
- Assess client's needs, recommend or assist in a selection of our services, and follow up on quotes.
- Develop sales opportunities by researching, identifying and soliciting potential new accounts.
- Assess market conditions and competitors' activities and develop an awareness of emerging markets and trends.
- Collaborate with Sales Supervisor and Account Managers to determine strategic sales approaches.
- Develop sales presentations, proposals, or other materials to illustrate product benefits.
- Estimate or quote prices, credit or contract terms, warranties and delivery dates.
- Prepare and administer sales or other contracts and maintain customer records.
- Consult with clients after sale or signed contracts to provide ongoing support.
- Where necessary, support marketing efforts such as trade shows, exhibits, and other events.
- Review and adapt to information regarding product innovations, competitors and market conditions.
- 3 years' experience in customer service and/or inside sales role.
- Experience in the cabinet industry is an asset.
- Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Strong verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong diplomatic, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 software and able to learn design software and applications.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
Compensation: Base annual salary of $45,000 plus commission opportunity.
For more information visit https://www.merit-kitchens.com/
Thank you for your interest in Merit Kitchens. While we sincerely appreciate every application, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
About Merit Kitchens:
It was 50 years ago that Merit Kitchens was founded by craftspeople in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, and began providing Western Canada with high-quality kitchen cabinets. The company has long since grown into a world-class supplier of beautiful cabinetry, representing superior quality and extraordinary value. Today, Merit's product can be found in homes throughout Canada, the United States, and parts of Asia.Our Mission it to to profitably manufacture cabinets of uncompromising quality while delivering a unique and positively branded experience to our customers, team members and stakeholders alike.