The ideal candidate will support the full scope of Human Resources responsibilities and partner with the organization on strategic initiatives. They will maintain and enhance the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Provide guidance and drive efficiency and effectiveness in all areas of HR: employee relations & engagement, recruitment, compensation, performance management, succession development planning & training, health & safety, and benefits administration
- Create best-in-class hiring strategies, sound retention programs and excellent onboarding plans to attract and nurture talent
- Manage and develop personnel policies and procedures. Advise and assist other departmental managers on interpretation and administration of those policies and programs
- Evaluate, implement, and manage formal employee performance management programs
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and ensure compliance with legal and regulatory compliance, as required by provincial and federal laws such as: Labor Standards, Occupational Health and Safety, workers compensation (CNESST, WSIB, etc.), Pay Equity, etc.
- Support and refine HRIS systems to insure accurate and efficient documentation/ processes for HR
- Support and assist with work permit and visa requests for employees that will be called to travel to US and abroad for work
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience
- 5+ years' experience in Human Resources
- Strong recruiting and demonstrated ability to improve talent acquisition strategies
- Demonstrated expertise training managers and employees
- Strong knowledge of federal and provincial Labor Standards, Occupational Health and Safety and Workers Compensation.
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and communications skills
- Attention to detail and good judgement