A little bit about us
Empowering healthier lives through nutrition. Nestlé Health Science is a leader in the field of nutritional science, committed to redefining the management of health. We offer an extensive portfolio of science-based consumer health, medical nutrition and supplement brands. Bringing our brands to life and making them as relevant for today's healthcare customers and consumers as they've always been takes vision, passion and an innovative mind-set. If you can bring that into the mix, we know the magic will happen.
Business areas: Nestlé Health Science Canada
Job title: Marketing Manager, Natural Health Supplements
Location: North York, ON
Position grade: 18
We are looking for a Marketing Manager to lead an exciting new brand venture, based at our North York location and reporting into the Marketing Leader, Health Science. This role will lead the strategic roadmap for the Vital Proteins brand and Gut Health platforms. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new high-growth category on the leading edge of digital, social marketing and direct-to-consumer communications.
A day in the life of...
As the Marketing Manager leading the Vital Proteins and Gut Health portfolio, you will be passionate about establishing leadership in a new high-growth category. This role is a great opportunity to lead the development of a portfolio of new brands from the ground up, leveraging best in class consumer insights to build engaging brand experiences and drive successful innovation. You will be working daily with cross-functional and global teams to make these plans come to life with autonomy and support to really thrive.
You will also:
- Lead and support the development of 18-month and 3-year plans for the natural health supplements portfolio in Canada in line with global ambitions.
- Build Brand through translation of insights into action. Define consumer perceived value, creating compelling communication and effective media strategies, and working closely with the Innovation & Renovation team to develop a 5-year portfolio optimization plan that is relevant and financially sound.
- Create compelling consumer communication and effective media strategies that include leading in digital, direct-to-consumer and social marketing (including influencer marketing).
- Leverage key consumer/customers insights to develop strategies that build competitive advantage across the 4Ps (Product, Price, Place, Promotion) across multiple segments and channels, growing the core portfolio and successfully bringing new products to the market.
- Lead the development of annual media and communication plans with external agency partners and external suppliers, driving consistent & relevant brand experiences & messages that break-through within the Canadian market and ultimately show market share growth.
- Plan and execute flawlessly by partnering with the Broker sales force and Category teams to optimize and amplify brand plans at the Customer level.
- Responsible for maximizing Return of Investment year over year and spend efficiency.
- Lead and develop one assistant brand manager
What will make you successful
As the successful candidate, you will be the champion for the portfolio throughout the organisation so you will need to be passionate, tenacious, results focused and really enjoy working in a highly energetic and exciting environment. You will already have great project management and analytical skills coupled with your highly organised, conscientious approach. Pro-activity, tenacity and enthusiasm are essential, as is your ability to understand and work within our competitive market. Your already developed marketing experience as a Marketing Manager will give you the experience you need to drive this great brand forward. You will also:
- Minimum 3-5 years of successful & progressive brand/product management experience including leading multiple agency and cross functional teams.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive on creating, and inspiring others, to envision the potential of dynamic new brands
- Demonstrated experience and agility in driving consumer demand with emphasis on digital media, influencer marketing and direct to consumer platforms.
- Visionary, decisive and analytical nature with the ability to drive business results at the strategic and executional levels.
- Agile and able to pivot in a fast paced ever changing environment, comfortable taking calculated risks and doing things differently to carve a new way forward.
- Ability to manage high priority, complex, and strategic initiatives.
- Knowledge of financial planning, forecasting assortment planning and inventory management.
- Passion or experience in wellness, fitness or beauty categories an asset
We have a friendly, supportive team with a coaching and mentoring environment. There are real opportunities for future development and progression
- this really could be a move towards the exciting opportunity to drive strategy and build a marketing career in the healthcare space.
What you need to know
What can we offer in return? Great benefits you'd expect from a business the size of Nestle including a comprehensive total rewards benefits package including Health and Dental benefits that start on day one as well as a Company matched retirement savings plan, Excellent training and development programs as well as opportunities to grow within the company.
We will be considering applicants as they apply, so please don't delay in submitting your application. Nestlé is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. Nestlé will work with you in an effort to ensure that you are able to fully participate in the process.