It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing !
About the opportunity
The Analytic & Insights Group at The AIR MILES® Reward Program provides world class analytical solutions through the delivery of insights that enable our clients to build stronger mutually-beneficial relationships with their customers. The group works directly with the sponsors of the program as well as internal business managers to ensure the successful partnering with our clients.
Based in Toronto, we are looking for a well-rounded, best-in-class analytics practitioner with a blend of proficient technical skills and strong business acumen. The Sr. Analyst plays an expert role in the application & execution of consumer data and advanced analytics to support the development of customer-centric business strategies and Loyalty Marketing for our clients.
What will you be doing?
- Subject Matter Expert in analytics and insights for the retail/loyalty industry.
- Work collaboratively with internal business stakeholders to understand internal and external needs and maximize team impact as recommend solutions, support initiative, deliver analytics and forecasting, develop reports and dashboards
- Lead the translation of business requirements into technical specifications. Present analysis results and recommendations in business language in different forums/meetings.
- Conduct timely customer analysis and campaign measurement to identify opportunities for clients to maximize the use of AIR MILES Reward Program to drive incremental sales
- Interpret research, extracting insights, linking to strategies, and communicating a compelling summary of findings and drive results, client communication and presentation, by leveraging the use of effective data visualization systems such as Tableau.
- Automate using Python & SQL and make process and tool improvements to drive operational efficiency.
- Provide thought-leadership to all phases of campaign management (ideation, planning, targeting, measurement, insights and recommendation) with a focus in pre-analysis and post-analysis.
- Work collaboratively with internal business partners to clearly define analysis / campaign scope, objectives, targeting & measurement strategy for client's loyalty marketing initiatives.
- Own internal client's relationships, demonstrating expertise on marketing lanes and portfolio, understanding the collector and providing analytical background to develop initiatives and improve business value, targeting, campaigns relevance and response rates.
- Identify further marketing opportunities for our clients by triangulating industry / competitive analyses with external 3rd party information (research, government reports / trends) and analysis of consumer data.
- Develop advanced analytics based on predictive modeling and machine learning methodologies.
- Ensure timely completion of analysis while maintaining high quality.
- Balance the demands of multiple concurrent projects while maintaining a high level of diplomacy prioritizing workload based on client value and driving for results.
- Create case studies to demonstrate how analytics drive revenue, profit, or efficiencies for our clients and for LoyaltyOne
- Respond to ad hoc requests (internal & external) for analysis, data and information on a regular basis.
- Contribute in other corporate strategic initiatives as required.
- Independently manage select projects & stakeholder relationships.
- Coach and mentor more junior team members to develop business and technical skills required to deliver accurate campaign design and measurement insights
What will you bring?
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in any of the following: Statistics, Commerce, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Math. Master degree an advantage.
- Demonstrated understanding of loyalty marketing, customer segmentation, campaign management & predictive modeling concepts
- Minimum 3+ years of customer analysis / insight delivery experience in a complex data-driven organization
- Hands-on proficient experience with Python, SQL, Databricks and Tableau, or comparable tools/languages
- Strong analytical & data mining skills; intermediate predictive modeling experience; experience in working with resilient distributed datasets (RDD) and Tableau would be an asset.
- Hands on experience with Spark is an asset
- Expert in Microsoft Office (advanced Excel and PowerPoint)
- Retail and merchandising industry knowledge an asset
- A strategic/analytical thinker who can link assigned tasks to the bigger picture. Problem solving skills coupled with the ?can do? attitude. Strong organizational, time management and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Advanced storyteller with the ability to communicate complex analytics findings in plain business language.
Job Family: Analytics
Job Type: Temporary
Line of Business: