GEI a Way of Life
When you re doing what you love and working with great people, work becomes less like a job, and more like a way of life. Here at GEI Consultants, Inc. (GEI) we have been fostering growth and creativity for nearly 50 years. Our culture is one of collaboration and support. If you are passionate about your field, excited about learning, and constantly looking for ways to innovate, we d love to have you join the GEI family.
Who are we?
GEI is an employee-owned, leading consulting engineering and environmental firm ranked #88 in the ENR top 500 (2020). We partner with hundreds of government, energy, industry and institutional clients, and have completed 50,000 project engagements throughout the United States, Canada, and more than 20 other countries. We are sought out for our ideas, our creativity, and most of all, for the quality and character of our people. Get to know us better by visiting GEI s career site here.
We are seeking a Director of Communications to add experienced leadership in this field to enhance our strategic communications both internally and externally. This position plays an integral role in developing, supporting, and implementing both short and long-term communication initiatives across our 5 Regions. The successful candidate will be a strategic partner to our operational managers, executive team, marketing team and seller doers to drive growth in our strategic markets. You will have a strong voice to help implement the overall strategic vision and implementation of these initiatives, which will be accomplished through partnership within our key marketing programs of key account management, major project capture planning, strategic growth planning and recruiting.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
- Partner with our Regional Operations Managers, Regional Growth Leaders, Executive Team and Senior Seller Doers to develop and implement key communication initiatives.
- Support the overall marketing and business development function of the company inclusive of interview preparation, external communications and brand development, internal communications and training support.
- Participate in professional society events to promote networking and client relations and assist in regional marketing events and conferences.
- Partner with the larger network of marketing professionals to assist in the development and execution of marketing programs to drive company-wide growth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the company s internal and external communications platforms.
- Partner with company leadership to craft a communications program aligned with our five-year strategic plan.
- Develop/approve content for the company s social media outlets for the company; ensure continuous updates of the company website.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with targeted media outlets.
- Assist with the planning and execution of company marketing events such as conferences, seminars, and other outreach events.
- Establish and maintain vendor and outside advisor relationships in support of the communications plan.
- Develop and maintain communications related budgets.
- Manage the company s overall communications calendar
- Participate in professional society events to promote networking and client relations.
- Ability to travel for conferences, company-wide marketing activities and internal management meetings.
- Bachelor s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Administration, English or related field desired.
- Experience in the AEC industry a plus.
- Possess high degree of integrity, is outgoing, supportive, and a team player.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with careful attention to detail.
- Ability to balance workload, prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional organizational, oral, and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Proven track record of success in strategic communications roles.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs and Adobe InDesign products.
- Market-Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Program, including Medical, Dental, Vision and More
- Continuing Education Assistance and Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Development and Opportunities for Advancement
- Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off
- Rewards and Recognition
- GEI-Funded Profit Sharing and 401(k)
- And More...