- Brand, Marketing and Communications Intern
6 month contract
EY Canada's Brand, Marketing and Communications (BMC) team is an integrated group of professionals located in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal. We seek interns with an interest in flexing between and learning about an array of job functions and invested in collaborating across EY's matrix organization.
The BMC intern supports, promotes, and enhances EY's brand by providing support in identification, development and execution of strategic marketing plans consistent with the business goals and priorities of the firm. The selected incumbent will support Entrepreneur Of The Year across Canada and cross Market Segment projects and/or campaigns in accordance with goals and priorities of the Brand, Marketing and Communications team. The individual will be required to creatively and effectively communicate about EY with the firm's leadership and the external public.
Your key responsibilities
- Drafts for review and edits a variety of internal and external communication materials
- Participates in the planning, development and execution of event initiatives for respective industry, function and/or area accounts practice to support the go-to-market strategy
- Assesses and executes regional and national sponsorships
- Assist Alumni Relations with managing alumni data, drafting alumni communications and promoting the EY Alumni Network internally and externally across Canada
- Assist with development and execution of digital marketing programs (web, social media and email marketing)
- Assist with the Entrepreneur Of The Year program nationally; data management, internal and external communications, administrative and day-of event support
- Provide program analytic and ROI support for Entrepreneur Of The Year program nationally
- Point person for regional corporate social responsibility activity, including EY Ripples, our new, ambitious global corporate responsibility program
- Supports the communications and events logistics for events, including virtual events, in the region
- Other duties as required
Skills and attributes for success
- Passion and drive for a career in Brand, Marketing and Communications.
- Gain a general understanding of different aspects of marketing as they relate to EY (events, internal and external communications, sponsorships, digital marketing)
- Be able to prioritize day-to-day decisions and work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Familiarize themselves with and adhere to firm policies and procedures
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with different personalities across the organization's hierarchy
- Have strong project management skills
- Have a strong attention to detail
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook and have a basic understanding of Excel
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills to take complex information and create succinct presentations
- Be curious and enthusiastic about learning and professional development
To qualify for the role, you must;
- Be available to work for the full 6-month contract, starting in March.
- Have a post secondary education in the fields of Marketing or Communications.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture
- built on high-performance teaming
- where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.