Nursery Plant Sales
- 410 Taunton Rd West, 410 Tauton Road, Whitby, Ontario, Canada Req #366
Thursday, February 11, 2021
Sheridan Nurseries Whitby is actively searching for:
Nursery Sales Associates
Full and Part Time, Seasonal
About the Job
THE DUTIES OF THIS POSITION INCLUDE THE SELLING, STOCKING, MERCHANDISING, AND OVERALL ASSISTANCE WITH NURSERY PLANT CATEGORIES, INCLUDING SHRUBS, TREES, EVERGREENS, VINES, FRUIT AND ROSES. OUR SALES ASSOCIATES PROVIDE OUR GUESTS WITH A HIGH LEVEL OF CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL BE FRIENDLY, OUTGOING, ORGANIZED WITH EXISTING PLANT KNOWLEDGE AND/OR A WILLINGNESS TO LEARN.
- Responsible for selling our guests the complete solution and providing excellent guest service.
- Greets guests as they enter the nursery department and ensure that their needs are looked after.
- Actively promotes all related marketing and merchandising initiatives.
- Participates with the store team in achieving all aspects of service, store readiness, store cleanliness and compliance with Sheridan Nurseries policies.
- Maintains and accurately completes appropriate paperwork regarding invoices, orders, plantings and deliveries.
- Strives to promote the best interests of Sheridan Nurseries consistently in all aspects of the business.
- Assists with plant loading/unloading, merchandising, as well as care and maintenance.
- Assists in other areas as assigned.
- Familiarity and knowledge with shrubs, trees, evergreens, vines, fruit or roses.
- Friendly, outgoing personality with an enthusiasm for sales and providing excellent customer service, ensuring that all guests are cared for equally and in accordance with Sheridan Nurseries standards.
- Experience in retailing is an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handling multiple demands.
- Highly flexible with good interpersonal skills.
- This position is required to work weekdays, evenings and weekends as scheduled.
Physical demands of the job include:
Must be able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Standing up for the majority of the shift with bending and squatting at various times required.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If selected, please advise if you require special accommodation to attend the interview.