Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.
- if not only
- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won't give up meat. So we need to make meat better
- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.
Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products
- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.
To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.
Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution-from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts.
Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements below:
The Canada Senior Marketing Manager will be responsible for driving the consumer movement in Canada, creating consumer engagement and activation, and supporting/growing existing accounts. The role will report to the Head of our Canada business.
- Develop consumer vision: You will develop the vision for the Impossible consumer in the local markets and deploy into action
- Define consumer strategy: Define market positioning, audience segments, marketing and communications strategies and programs that drive a team of cross-functional stakeholders, including headquarters marketing, communications, research, and design
- Execute marketing and communications: Execute the marketing and communications functions in the Canada across events, advertising, and PR. Co-manage regional and global agencies with HQ to help in these efforts. Lead external and internal creative partners to ensure quality, on-time delivery of marketing/communications programs and assets across multiple channels
- Measure results: Develop target KPIS, and drive and manage initiatives to achieve targeted KPIs within budget.
- Lead development of performance dashboards, recaps and ROI measurement
- Help Impossible expand: Participate in development of regional and global market planning and opening up new channels.
- Work closely with our U.S. Marketing team
- Canada work and living experience
- BA/BS in business or related experience with strong marketing and communications experience
- 6+ years working in corporate or start-up environments in marketing, communications or advertising with preferred experience in CPG, food service, or product marketing
- Fluency in English, French a plus
- Food Service and Retail experience, a plus
- Truly passionate for the mission of Impossible
- Deep passion and empathy for the consumer
- Proven track record of results driven planning and execution
- Experience partnering with and leading cross-functional teams to identify and bring to market solutions with consumer benefit
- Project management skills, with experience developing and executing marketing and communications strategies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Outstanding results orientation with a consistent track record in driving business impact
- Outstanding work ethic and sense of ownership and accountability
- Clear demonstration of internal cross-functional partnership and collaboration
- Strong analytical skills with metrics based, results driven approach
- Creative, blast through obstacles, do everything it takes to succeed approach
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite and Salesforce
- Comfort with change in a
- Ability to travel in Canada and periodic travel out of market including United States
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.