Create, collaborate, and innovate while bettering the lives of others! We are looking for a talented Content Strategist/Writer to join our rapidly growing business for a term position of up to three months.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager, the Content Strategist/Writer will be a talented marketing writer, editor, strategist, and project coordinator responsible for creating a range of Epicure content. Across digital, social, print, and events, content will drive brand awareness and product education while simultaneously supporting Epicure's direct sales field. The Marketing team has the unique opportunity to position and share healthy, delicious products, along with the stories of lives that have changed because of them.
You will team closely with members of the Marketing, Sales, Innovation, Research & Development, and Merchandising teams to plan, execute, and evaluate the company's key sales and marketing initiatives.
As Content Strategist/Writer, you will:
- Create clear, compelling, easy-to-follow content and marketing materials. This may involve planning, strategy, and project coordination, in addition to writing and editing, for digital, social, print, and events. Examples of some of the work we do are product catalogues and education, meal plans, promotions, email marketing, video and event scripts, website management, social, and training guides.
- Employ strong editorial judgement when editing and proofreading; pay close attention to the accuracy of information/facts and ensure consistency across brand messaging/voice/tone.
- Collaborate and work closely with the creative team to plan and develop creative deliverables, bringing ideas from concept to completion. You will be an important contributor within the creative process, applying a marcomm/UX lens and crafting complementary content.
- Collaborate and work closely with stakeholders across the business ideate, gather feedback, and ensure deliverables are completed on time while meeting business expectations.
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment while managing coinciding deadlines.
- Become a product pro-understand our product categories, value proposition, and consumer needs to promote and educate on our products effectively.
- Proactively identify content themes or opportunities based on channel engagement and consumer trends.
- Interpret and draw insights on campaign metrics.
- Be a self-starter who demonstrates initiative and the ability to address both business goals and consumer needs.
What you have:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in a professional marketing/writing role
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business/Marketing, Communications, Creative Writing, Journalism, or a related field
- Strong editorial judgement, and exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills. You're just as handy with concepts and headlines as you are with crafting copy for various mediums/forums, both short and long, that match our brand voice and tone. Experience writing scripts is required.
- Proven experience in planning and executing integrated data-driven marketing/content programs that include traditional and digital channels.
- Excellent project coordination skills; detail-oriented and proficient in tracking and reporting on project progress while collaborating with teams to ensure timelines and requirements are met.
- Ability to thrive and stay on the ball when under pressure/managing multiple coinciding projects; this is a fast-paced growth environment
- Digital literacy-understanding of content management systems, online survey building tools, and email marketing and social media platforms
- Proactive and responsive demeanor-think ahead and plan accordingly with minimal guidance
- Ability to comfortably contribute to a discussion and present your ideas and insights
- Experience in the food/CPG industries or product marketing considered an asset