We're looking for a Corporate Communications Specialist to help us build, foster and continually improve brand recognition and reputation for Hootsuite globally. You'll be working with internal and external stakeholders to drive a leadership position for Hootsuite through external communications.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Support the creation of press releases, speaking proposals, briefing materials, blog posts, bylines, emails, and other communications material as necessary to help reinforce Hootsuite's leadership in social media management
- Track and analyze media coverage to regularly share with stakeholders, and to inform future campaigns.
- Post media relations successes via internal communications channels and on the Hootsuite website to extend the reach of our team's work
- Regularly conduct social listening both around Hootsuite and generally, identify key storylines where Hootsuite's social listening expertise can support journalists
- Support the preparation of award applications and speaking opportunity requests
- Organize, schedule, and support in preparing key leaders for press interviews, support executive thought leadership.
- Conduct research and analyze public opinion to help understand Hootsuite's positioning amid its competitors and advise our communications approach
- Support department planning, identifying ways to elevate Hootsuite's profile both locally and globally and connect with our audience through events, social media, press conferences, community relations programs, PR initiatives, or new product/brand launches.
- Nurture relationships with internal and external stakeholders to help tell the stories that matter to our customers, partners and employees on our communication channels
- Perform other related duties as assigned
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Long standing PR and/or corporate communications experience
- Strong writing skills, with a focus on accuracy, creativity and persuasion
- Able to clearly articulate complex ideas or technology
- Work within both public and private companies preferred; SaaS and/or tech industry experience preferred
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Interpersonal Savvy: relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Creativity and Innovation: seeks new and better ways of doing things, generates original and imaginative ideas
- Priority Setting: focuses time/energy on the most important issues/opportunities. Clearly understand how to assess the importance of tasks and decisions
WHO YOU ARE:
- Tenacious. You are determined to succeed, and you are motivated by the success of customers, colleagues and the community.
- Curious. You are always learning and seeking ways to make things better.
- Conscientious. You keep your promises, taking your commitments to others seriously, and you have strong integrity.
- Humble. You lead with humility and empathy, respecting and learning from the perspectives of others.
Share our values: We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success.
Make an impact: Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact.
Learn and grow: We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.