Lake Country Co-op has been proudly serving our members for over 80 years! We are a very diverse and dynamic Co-operative with retail operations of $475M located in 18 communities throughout North Central Saskatchewan. Commodities include Food, Pharmacy, C-Stores, Home and Building Solutions, Agro, Petroleum, and Wine, Spirits and Beer.
Lake Country Co-op invites applications for the position of Director, Marketing and Community Relations to join our team at our Administrative Office located in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. This individual will be responsible for developing and executing strategic marketing, community relations and communications plans for the Association. This individual will serve as the subject matter expert in all marketing related activities through various channels.
Lake Country Co-op is looking for an individual who will demonstrate effective team leadership skills and the ability to work well within multi-generational teams. Applicants should be creative, self-reliant, goal oriented, and have the ability to set and adjust priorities and schedule.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Pharmacy and Customer Experience, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Living the Brand and participating in the development and achievement of the brand strategy for the association.
- Leading a marketing team in achieving the goals of the Association marketing strategy.
- Working closely with members of the Senior Leadership Team and other team leaders as required to ensure successful marketing and communications strategies for each business unit.
- Participating in strategic planning and goal setting that contributes to the achievement of Association goals.
- Continuous development and growth of the organization's Social Media Strategy
- Developing timely and sometimes sensitive communications for Media, the public and team members.
- Establishing and maintaining a positive relationship with local Media and key business partners.
- Ensuring a consistent and strategic approach to community sponsorship and donations that reflects our corporate values.
- Utilizing a proactive plan for personal development that allows for continuous improvements in knowledge, skills and attitudes.Adhering to Lake Country Co-op Policies and Procedures.
- University degree in marketing, advertising, business administration or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing or marketing related field
- Excellent understanding and familiarity with brand building, brand management,
and customer engagement.
- Proven track record in creating and executing successful e-marketing, social media marketing and direct marketing campaigns/programs.
- Direct experience with graphic design, web page and other marketing-related software tools including Adobe Photoshop, Print Shop, Adobe Illustrator etc.
- Knowledge of ethical marketing best practices and associated regulations.
- Hands-on experience with search engine optimization, pay-per-click advertising, and other web-focused initiatives.
- Ability to build and sustain relationships with key business partners.
- Highly effective project management, prioritization, multi-tasking and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven team player who is both flexible and adaptable.
- Retail experience in the areas of marketing, member relations, selling, printing and design is preferred.
Lake Country Co-op provides competitive wages and offers attractive benefits including flexible schedules, dental, extended health, long term disability, group life insurance, employer matched pension programs, performance incentive program, advancement opportunities, learning and development, and a fun, positive, supportive work environment.
This position will remain open until suitable candidate is found.