Requisition ID: 96919
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Virtual Small Business Advisor, Virtual Advice Team
Bilingual in both French and English
Purpose of Job:
Contributes to the overall success of Small Business Virtual Advice ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Virtual Small Business Advisor (VSBA) is responsible for the profitable growth, retention and effective relationship management of their assigned customer portfolio. VSBA is the primary small business advisor for multiple branches (~5-8) across Canada.
VSBA independently and remotely focuses on deepening and expanding existing assigned customer relationships. This includes remotely assessing customer needs, making appropriate recommendations, completing the required product applications and providing ongoing service to these accounts as needed.
He/she is responsible for meeting assigned targets, which include uncovering opportunities for growth, customer retention as well as all other objectives and goals related to customer service and operational effectiveness.
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Remotely manage, grow, and retain assigned small business customer portfolios at multiple assigned branches to achieve assigned goals while meeting the Bank's Service Standards by:
- Developing and maintaining deep knowledge and understanding of assigned customers including the nature, stage and progress of their business, their financial position, and the terms and conditions of financial services and products used
- Proactively ?mine? existing customer book, uncover customer needs and secure advice based meetings in order to recommend small business banking solutions, including cash management products.
- Providing tailored recommendations and advice, via phone, email, and video conferencing (using Microsoft Teams) which will increase the small business owner's ability to succeed in their business and meet their goals
- Effectively prioritizing customer needs, demands with urgency by successfully managing multiple agendas across ~5-8 branches.
- Influencing all key stakeholders effectively with a focus on growing existing book of small business customers
- Taking steps to recover customer relationships, when required
- VSBA will work in close partnership with Branch Managers at their assigned branches in order to provide a high level of service and jointly manage small business customers when required (for example: supporting the acquisition of new customers on-boarded at the branch.)
- Remotely manage an assigned credit portfolio at an acceptable level of risk by:
- Authorizing, renewing or declining customer requests within standard Bank policies and authorized limits, forwarding others as per established processes
- Preparing and/or ensuring all customer documentation (ex. Loan Applications) is properly prepared
- Ensuring accounts adhere to the conditions of authorization
- Identifying deteriorating and/or unsatisfactory trends affecting the loan portfolio, seizing opportunities to reduce risk and loss.
- Provide a high level of advice and service to Small Business customers to deliver superior experience by:
- Assisting the Branch in the successful implementation of accepted Small Business Products & Services.
- Partnering with assigned Branch Managers and branch colleagues on after sale support, maintenance, and problem resolution of products, services and solutions for existing customers.
- Develop and maintain awareness and thorough knowledge of documentation, processes and policy of Small Business products & Services.
- Responding to existing customer inquiries within established service standards.
- Collaborating regularly and providing updates to Branch Managers, Internal Partners and Small Business customers in order to continuously identify customer trends, behavior and opportunities for growth.
- Contribute to the overall financial and non-financial objectives by:
- Developing an understanding of the designated Branch's Small Business financial and non-financial goals and how to contribute to them.
- Meeting established financial and non-financial goals.
- Regularly conducting prospecting activities with existing assigned branch customers and external prospects in order to achieve assigned sales and service objectives and goals.
- Manage and minimize the Bank's exposure to risk by:
- Understanding how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Actively pursuing effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
- Championing a high performance environment and contributing to an inclusive work environment
- Ensuring strict adherence to Bank's security procedures, including assigned authorities.
- Escalating fraudulent activities, unusual occurrences, issues/deficiencies/trends to Manager and/or applicable Shared Service department as appropriate.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- VSBA has superior business development, customer focus and communication skills with an ability to build trust with customers over the phone.
- Must have completed, or be willing to enroll and complete the Small Business Banker Certification Program and an internal training program for Small Business Advisor.
- University/college courses in accounting, finance, business law, economics, or equivalent work experience.
- 3 to 4 years directly related work experience
- Thorough knowledge of the applicable software and technology platforms for Small Business (e.g. SalesBuider, Intralink, , Microsoft Lync (Skype), Microsoft Outlook, eSignature, SBA Dashboard)
- Thorough knowledge of features and benefits of Small Business Products & Services and the Small Business customer experience model.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable risk management policies and processes.
- Thorough knowledge of legal and security documentation for Small Business products.
- Working knowledge of features and benefits of retail products and services.
- Working knowledge of other business line/partner offerings (Ie; Commercial Banking, Global Transaction Banking, Wealth Management, Investment Specialists)
- Working knowledge of competitor offerings and alternate sources of financing.
Location: Please note this position is located in Halifax Nova Scotia. The successful candidate will work within the Virtual Small Business team as a dedicated virtual advisor for Small Business clients nationally.
Location(s): Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
How do I apply?
As part of the application process for a Financial Advisor, Senior Financial Advisor, Small Business Advisor and/or Investment & Retirement Planning role within Retail Distribution with Scotiabank, we have partnered with Career Spark, a technology and behavioral science based online assessment company. After submitting your Scotiabank application, you will receive an invitation from our Recruitment Team to complete a 12-15-minute Career Spark survey. Kindly note the survey will be emailed to applicants and you may not receive the Career Spark survey invite immediately.
** Please complete the survey within 24 hours of receiving the invitation. **
The purpose of the survey is to help provide insights about the work you enjoy. There are no right or wrong answers, and nobody will ever see your specific responses to any questions. Upon completion of the survey, you will see a summary report of your top five traits. We hope you find the information useful for your own personal development and growth.
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.